Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
BB10Ded
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bb 10 Calendar issue

No event in calendar after switching devices from Torch - I don't use online calendars (just few entries from my colleagues who share them with me thru outlook) most entries in my Torch have been manually added. Please help - need to carry 2 devices with me

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB10Ded

Re: Bb 10 Calender issue

How you can sync calendar only? Can BB finaly sort it out!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

After much searching...I think that tip to sync the calendar only via Link was a mistake.  I don't think it's possible.

Pretty sure BB10 is designed to be similar to Apple in using cloud technology - so they assume most people will eventually switch to that format.  So it might be time to start changing the way we (blackberry users) think.

That said, I think I figured out a way by syncing my old Bold with Outlook, then importing that calendar into a web based calendar (associated with one of my email accounts)...then the Z10 will draw from that. 

Check out my more detailed post about what I did and tried in the following thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/New-Blackberry-10-Sync-to-Outlook/m-p/2145845#...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shoaibm
My Device: BB 10

BB10 Calendar problem SOLVED!!!

Step 1: DO NOT do a device switch using BB Link!

Step 2: On your old device, do a device switch using an "SD Card' - this helped me big time since it copied everything!

Step 3: On your BB10 device, insert the old SD card, and complete the device switch using the "SD Card" option.

Step 4: Voila! All your calendar, phone book and personal data is all transferred on to your new BB10.

All the best!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shoaibm

Bb 10 Calender issue - SOLVED

BB10 Calendar problem SOLVED!!!

Step 1: DO NOT do a device switch using BB Link!

Step 2: On your old device, do a device switch using an "SD Card' - this helped me big time since it copied everything!

Step 3: On your BB10 device, insert the old SD card, and complete the device switch using the "SD Card" option.

Step 4: Voila! All your calendar, phone book and personal data is all transferred on to your new BB10.

All the best!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
octavianc
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

I have a similar issue where the Calendar App just locks up and closes when trying to change time.  

I can't add any items or edit any existing ones (items that were synced from gmail calendar).

Every time I add a new item, the next screen loads where I can choose time and other details.  When I click on the dropdown for choosing the time, the Calendar App locks up and closes. 

If it is something I am doing wrong I would like to know. I have 14 days to return the device from point of purchase.  12 days left to figure this out otherwise the device is getting retured.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB10Ded

Re: Bb 10 Calender issue - SOLVED

yes, great - but I have 1st Torch runing on OS 6.0 - THERE IS NO OPTION TO TRNSFER OVER BY SD CARD - please correct me if I'm wrong...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BaseballLady

I found this problem too but noted it was only if I didn't have the calendar set first. As long as I set the calendar it worked

Incidentally I found the solution of sync old device to Outlook, Outlook to Rogers Yahoo worked for me so far.

Bold9000->Bold 9700->Bold 9790

Now rocking the Z10 and Playbook
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shoaibm

Re: Bb 10 Calender issue - SOLVED

try to update your os to os7 and then do the transfer....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB10Ded

How you sync Outlook to Rogers Yahoo?
Please use plain text.