Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
junny89
My Device: bb z10
My Carrier: o2

Bb Z10 NeW soFtWaRe IsSuE ess

hi there,

i bought the new z10 at its launch in the uk. i must say its very its very impressive.

The camera is just stunning. Yes it needs some improvement like changing the lock screen etc but other than that it's amazing. 

Couple of days ago a new software update came along....10.90. I went to update and a few times it said install failed. Finally few days later it worked. Note: to people saying the update comes back, or a smaller update comes, install it. The update is for a different aspect. Mine was applications. 

Anyway after installing everything works fine except my pictures icon doesn't open up my picture gallery. It attempts to open but nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas at all?

I've done the basics like take the battery out and turn it of and on. Other than that nothing. 

Any help would be very grateful! 

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bb Z10 NeW soFtWaRe IsSuE ess

Somehow durring the upgrade, the picture app might have been currupted or locked by a 3rd party app. Use file manager to navigate to your photo's folder and click on it and see if it opens it.  If still doesn't work, then a system restore to factory default would be required (use BB link). Or you can install a 3rd party free photo program from my world see if that opens your pictures..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
junny89

Hi,

Yes I can use file manager to access all files and pics. Just that the pics app doesn't seem to respond.

I need the proper BlackBerry pic app so I can also access the editing side.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

At this point, I would suggest to to a system restore, that way you can verify that nothing elese was currupted during the upgrade.  You might also want to delete any app that was installed recently and restart your z10 and see if something was locking your picture app.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
junny89

Hi,

Thank you I shall give the latter a try first rather than going to the extreme.

Just in case I have to what is best way to do a system restore?

Thank you, any other suggestions anyone can think of would be great also.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
junny89

Just deleted almost a dozen apps since the upgrade. Still nothing. App almost opens but then just crashes.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

The best way to do a restore from my experience is to use bb link, because it will look for any update and download it.

Download a photo app from my world and see if you can view your pictures. It is also possible that your sd card files might be currupted.. Try taking a picture and save it to device instead of SD card. (in camera app, swipe down from the top and settings) select save on device.  If your sd card is currupted, bb recomends to format it from the device. I have seen a lot of people have issues with pictures and movies..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
junny89

Hi ill give the restore a shot.

Camera saves pics to sd card. And can view them in file manager also in a 3rd party app.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
junny89

Hi,

i tried to do th e retore, only to find when  i do my back up it stops at 17% and error on pc says : there could have been a problem with the device or back up.

tried like 6 times now and nnothing.

i cant just do a back to factory settings as i have set it all up now and will lose everything!

Please use plain text.