Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Lientjieschmidt
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Bbm profile pic quality

If I copy photo from facebook and use it as profile picture in my bbm the quality is not good, why? On my Blackberry Z10
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bbm profile pic quality

Quality of the BBM or Contact picture is determined by the source.  I have all my BBM contact images and Phone contacts with high quality pictures.  The better the quality of the image , the better your pictures will be. If you use your desktop computer and pull down their pictures as higher resolution pictures, then use that on your z10, then you will find excellent quality. For me I found that the z10 profile pictures are amazing if you use good pictures to start with.

IMG_00000119.png

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
katonym
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

How are you copying the image? Screen shotting with the on-board mechanics or actually holding and copying the image from the browser?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lientjieschmidt
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

i am screenshotting the image, and if I view it in the Picture folder it look perfect but only when i use it in my bbm profile the quality is bad.  Can you do it in a other way in facebook?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

The facebook app on the z10 needs a lot of work.. But when you sign on to facebook through your z10 browser www.m.facebook.com , then you have full control to save the picture on your z10. Go into the profile of your facebook user, click on view full size, then click and hold the image and slider appears on the right , select save image, this copies it into your downloads folder, select the picture from there , select overflow icon(3 dots), and set as  BBM picture.

The other option is use your computer and download all the pictures email it to your z10 and use those pictures.

IMG_00000121.png

Please use plain text.