Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
hollyv1
My Carrier: verizon

Bedside Mode Turning Off?

Has anyone had a problem with Bedside Mode turning off sometime in the middle of the night?  This is my second BBZ10 and the first one did not do this.  (I had a battery issue with the first one, so Verizon swapped my entire phone since it had only been a week.)  Everything else seems to work OK, but this is just one kind of frustrating issue.

Thanks for any thoughts or commiseration!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bmanley
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bedside Mode Turning Off?

Is it rebooting and this is why bedside is turning off?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Carrier: BELL

In the clock settings menu, make sure the bedside mode is turned on...

Open the clock software, pull down from the top to access the setup for it. In the setup turn on bedside mode.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Carrier: T-Mobile

No problem with that here -- I use the phone as my alarm clock so I would definitely notice :-)

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
olivierhec
My Carrier: Rogers

I've been experiencing the same issue with BOTH of my Z10.  I purchased a Z10 mid-March from Rogers and exchanged the device early-April.  In fact what happens is that the device restarts by itself at any moment.  If the bedtime mode is on when that happens, it will not get back ion by itself, therefore the bedtime mode get switched off.

No one at Rogers or BlackBerry has a solution for the restarting issue...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Look at the free memory; I've written on this here -- the unit is likely running out of free RAM and watchdog-restarting, which beats a hang.

It's a problem that Blackberry needs to find and fix, but you can defend against it to some degree by looking at free RAM before you retire and if its low (under 800MB or so) and/or you have a large number of backgrounded apps running, reboot the phone.  Yeah, you shouldn't have to and Blackberry ought to make fixing this a priority.

I've yet to have an overnight blowup.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
olivierhec
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the tip!  I've been told that in the past, so I close all apps before going to bed and the free RAM is around 1.2GB...  It seems that this is not the only solution!  Thanks again.

Please use plain text.