Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
scooby103
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Bell Mobility Smartphone Data Package

Hello,

I'm frankly hoping someone from Blackberry sees this and will be able to help.  

I (like many others) have been trying to get the new Z10 and support Blackberry.  However, for some reason Bell Mobility in Canada is trying to force us to switch our Smartphone data package to a BIS data package.  It would appear that of the 3 major carriers in Canada (Bell, Telus, Rogers) only Bell is doing this.  There is a bunch of discussions on this happening at CrackBerry and MobileSyrup.  

The problem, besides terrible data plans on the old BIS plans is that many of us have multiple devices we use our SIM cards in, and being tied to a BIS plan will simply not work.  

I can't believe Blackberry would be fine with their partner companies forcing customers to change plans, when the new BB10 devices don't require it.  

Hopefully, someone from Blackberry can solve this issue as there are likely 100's if not 1000's of customers on Bell who want to use your device, but cannot.

Looking forward to some help.

Respectfully,

Z10 hopeful.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bell Mobility Smartphone Data Package

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. I know there are BlackBerry personnel combing these forums at time.

So, while they might see this, they may not. Can you ask Bell to escalate your issue to BlackBerry tech support and get this problem to the attention of the right people?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scooby103
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Oh, all that has been done.

I know this is a customer based forum, but typically there are moderators for the companies who run these forums, who are company employees.

The issue is NOT on Blackberry's side, but on Bell.  I'm just not certain that Blackberry is aware that one of their partners is causing a loss of sales due to a false limitation.

Please use plain text.
Kirkx
My Device: 8830 WE
My Carrier: Bell Canada

It's great to hear that there are people like OP who consider a switch from iOS or Android platform to BlackBerry. It is understandable that, having no experience with BIS before, they look at it as some useless and outdated feature.

To all of them, let me point out that for many long term BlackBerry users BIS is an absolute must and they won't switch to BB 10 if it's not available. BIS means data compression, solid push email (not some third party ActiveSync or IMAP push) and the ability to keep existing name@bell.blackberry.net email address.

In the light of the above, it seems that to satisfy both groups Bell would need to offer BB 10 devices with either BIS or without it. Dropping BIS altogether would alienate lots of long term happy customers.
Please use plain text.