02-03-2013 08:46 AM
having an issue where I cannot see birthdays from device contacts in calendar. birthdays sync from facebook works fine. contacts were initially imported from caldav account, but even when inputting a new contact or editing birthdays on the device they still don't show up in calendar.
is this a known issue/recognised probelm?
thanks in advance.
02-05-2013 03:25 PM
Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.
When you configured your CalDAV account, what did you set the Sync Interval to? Try setting this to 15mins and test.
1. On the Home Screen, swipe down from the top bezel or tap the Settings icon.
2. Click on Accounts.
3. Click on Add New Account.
4. Click on Email, Calendar and Contacts.
5. Click on Advanced Setup.
6. Scroll down and click on CalDAV.
7. On the Account Integration screen, the Description field is optional, but can be filled in for clarity.
8. Enter the full email address in the Username and Email Address fields.
9. Enter the password used to access Google Calendar in the Password field. Use the Show Password checkbox to ensure it is correct.
10. In the Server Address field, enter https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<emailaddress>/events (where <emailaddress> is the full email address being configured.)
11. Sync Interval can be changed with these values : 15 Minutes , 30 Minutes , 1 Hour , 2 Hours , 4 Hours , 24 Hours , or Manual . The default is 30 Minutes.
12. Click Save to finish.
02-06-2013 06:11 PM
thanks for you reply. my problem is more that any contact on the phone, whether imported from a carddav account (or active sync), or entered manually will not show their birthdays in the calendar. does this functionality exist as it did in on my old bold with OS6?
02-07-2013 12:38 PM
I am having the same issue.
Contacts that are from Facebook - birthdays appear in Calendar no problem.
Contacts that are from my Google acount - no birthdays appear.
Google (exchange sync) seems to be working otherwise.
02-08-2013 03:23 AM
Hope that birthdays sync feature will be introduced in BB 10 later.
And I've made an app to solve this issue for now - MeeBirthdays.
It's available at AppWorld, and it's free.
02-10-2013 01:55 AM
Hi avis DV just downloaded the app and tried it out it displays the wrong date for some Bdays???
Can you tell me more details to help me find out the reason for this issue? What date shows the app and what is the real birth date? Is there any other dates stored in that contact? Is this contact imported from another account or entered manuallty?
02-10-2013 02:25 AM
Its moved my own B'day from 26th Feb to 25th Feb, hang on Ive just opened your app again and its now been corrected, **bleep** I wish I had taken a screenshot, apologies but the issue seems to have resolved itself
I will scroll through the others to see if they are okay!
02-10-2013 02:31 AM - edited 02-10-2013 02:34 AM
Right I have found another one, my sons birthday is 03-04-05 it has been picked up by the App as 02-04-05 (UK date format dd-mm-yy).
There is a 15min reminder set in Outlook.
Not sure what other information would be useful to you, so let me know?
Okay I am finding others that are a day early as well, but no consistancy some are correct?