Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Ktokkie
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Cellc/ vodacom SA

Bis

Is BIS available on bb 10 and when is the release date in south africa?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bis

There is currently no need for BIS on BlackBerry 10. I found this article from SA that should help answer some of your questions:

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/69574-blackberry-10-bis-changes-in-sa-confirmed.html

I hope that info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

this means specifically this:

with a regular mobile data plan, you can use your Z10 full scale: browser, appworld, bbm, apps, streaming.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ktokkie
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Cellc/ vodacom SA

Tanx for the reply and that is realy stupid people buy bb for BIS in south africa because the carries are too expensive with phone calls and data. I hope bb fixes this because if not bb is dead in south africa!
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

I've been trying to get more info on this. I do believe that you can still use BIS on your BB and that it will help compress some of the data, but I haven't seen official documentation for this yet. If I do end up finding it, I will pass the info along.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sagar_doddamani
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi Krypto,

Does this mean BB10 will no longer support Push Email? I am not specifically talking about gmail or other top free email service providers but all type of emails be it personal or corporate. I use BB specially for Push Emails, I hate to refresh or Auto Retrive in 15 minutes system.

I am looking forward to buy Z10 but if push email and notification is not there then its deal breaker for me.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

It depends on your email service. If your email can be added via EAS (exchange active sync), or P-IMAP (push IMAP) then you will get push emails. If you are using POP or regular IMAP, your emails will be delayed and your device may have to poll.

All of my emails are currently being pushed, but I'm using one of those top free email service providers, so...

The other thing to be aware of too is that even on BIS, your emails were polled, not fully pushed to your device. BIS would poll your email inbox every 15 minutes, then it would push any new emails to your device at that point. So this is similar, but slightly different at the same time.

I hope that info helps!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

It's exactly like iPhone and Android now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sagar_doddamani
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks Krypto!!!!

I was kinda dissapoointed when heard about no BIS with BB10. But now I think it is still doable. Also there are tons of new features in BB10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKHH5H295E0

This video convinced me again for BB10, looking forward to buy Z10 as soon as it is available in India.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Johnbd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 & Blackberry Playbook

If you could please reply to this thread when you find out Krypto, that would be greatly appreciated. My carrier told me that it is no longer supported, although they have the APN on my Z10 locked down so I can't change it to the Blackberry APN I used on my 9360 to test it for myself.
Please use plain text.