Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
kenza5
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-1

Black screen after upgrade. HELP

[ Edited ]

Hi, I had a beta OS version, it was working fine for the past month. I changed the time and date  settings to a far future. Right after, my phone lagged and wasn't accessing any application whether native  or not. It wasn't accessing settings either, the hub displayed a black screen too.
I referred to blackberry link to reload the software but it still wouldn't allow me to access anything on my phone so I upgraded to an alpha OS through blackberry link forgetting to downgrade the beta version.
After the upgrade the device would start normally  with the "blackberry" and "loading" logos. Normally after the device switches on, I should have the blackberry setup but instead it displays a black screen, but shows the password keypad once it locks. I tried re-connecting it to blackberry link to format it, but it says "device setup incomplete. Disconnect your device from your computer and complete the setup.."

Does any one know what I should do?
Thank you!

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Black screen after upgrade. HELP

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forums.

Unless you are willing to lose your phone it's a good idea not to use unofficial OSs.

Having said that it is very hard to permantly brick a BB10 device, I recommend trying to reload or use an autoloader for your device type...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-to-Reload-your-Blackberr...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.