Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
DVader
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

BlackBerry 10 not until March are you FREAKING kidding me?

[ Edited ]

It is a total waste of PRECIOUS BlackBerry marketing dollars to hype a Phone during the Superbowl that won't be available for another month.  Advertising Vaporware won't win customers back.

You guys did it right for UK.  Hyped the phone and you had it on Sale the next day.  Why you didn't limit this "launch" event to UK and Canada is beyond me.

I been lugging around my slow and outdated phone for sometime.  This is a complete slap in the face to the dedicated BlackBerry user and it's not going to impress iPhone or Droid users.

Great job you pissed off one of your best fans!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry 10 not until March are you FREAKING kidding me?

Whose idea was it to release it in the U.S. in March?  Would you like to chance a guess?

I'll give you a hint:  It wasn't BlackBerry's idea, it was the major U.S. carriers that decided it so perhaps your negativity is misdirected.  Had it been up to BlackBerry, the phones would be on the streets worldwide today (as they already are in the U.K.......as decided by the carriers there)..

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DVader

BillJ wrote:

Whose idea was it to release it in the U.S. in March?  Would you like to chance a guess?

I'll give you a hint:  It wasn't BlackBerry's idea, it was the major U.S. carriers that decided it so perhaps your negativity is misdirected.  Had it been up to BlackBerry, the phones would be on the streets worldwide today (as they already are in the U.K.......as decided by the carriers there)..

I understand that technically and factually you are correct.  Optically it looks like a fumble.

Hey here is our SuperBowl commercial for a product that you may forget about before its released.  Meanwhile their competition seems to **bleep** phones. LOL  Admittedly I could have been a little more diplomatic in my complaints, but for a brand that is rebranding itself as the brand of action, this kind of flies in the face of that creedo.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

While waiting does suck, it gives more time for the hoopla surrounding the phones to build.  There will be so much built-up anticipation when they finally hit the market that people will go crazy and will buy two or three each.  Okay, maybe not.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DVader

I disagree, you either have Hoopla or you don't, waiting generally diminishes the Hoopla.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

US carrier are a pain to approve of devices and their OS

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DVader

Yeah I am realizing this, it seems that Europe and Canada don't take as long OR likely load less bloaty **bleep** software to the phone.

How can I get an unlocked phone to work with ATT?
Please use plain text.