Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
kdubuc
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ROGERS

BlackBerry App World Payment Error ID 30642

Please someone help.   I upgraded to a BB Z10 from a BB Bold 9780.   I have updated to Blackberry Link and reset my password.  I now cannot purchase apps/games etc through the BB App World, although  I can download free apps/gameswithout problem.  When I attempt to purchase either through my carrier (Rogers) or paypal I get the response "there were problems completing this purchase.  Error ID 30642."   I am on the Rogers network, and not on WIFI.  I called Rogers tech support and was told it is a BB problem.  How do I fix this?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BlackBerry App World Payment Error ID 30642

Hey kdubuc,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Follow the steps in this KB article to resolve the issue: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB31038

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kdubuc
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ROGERS

This is RIM/Blackberry response: 

This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Use an alternate method of payment (PayPal or Credit Card) if available.

For the record, all forms of payment cause error messages for me.  Rogers blames RIM, RIM passes the buck...yadyyada.  RIM/BB support is a joke.  I'm not the only one this is happening to. They lost a loyal 7 year customer.

This is my response:  Hi Rogers, Im here to return this Z10 and I will take a iphone 5.  Blackberry you have giving me too many headaches over the years. Its best if we dont see each other anymore. Ya, its you......not me.
Please use plain text.
christopher0302
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Maxis Malaysia

This KB article that BlackBerry puts forward as a response is a joke, it doesn't even pretend to solve the problem! The biggest drawback to BlackBerry is the lack of apps, but when you DO find an app you want you can't purchase it because their payment channel is poorly set up! Have BlackBerry just given up? I know I'm giving up, I wanted BlackBerry to handle work emails but this is just too frustrating. As soon as iPhone is available in a bigger screen I'll use that,until then I'll switch to Android.
Please use plain text.