Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
hiphil
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: TelusMobility

BlackBerry Link is Unable to sign in to BlackBerry ID

My BlackBerry Link is Unable to sign in to BlackBerry ID also.  (it was connected I disconnected and now cannot reconnect).  multiple users on multiple workstations, Browser works,  BBz10 works but BlackBerry Link does NOT work ...  BB twitter Help is NOT helpful and phone support is worse (on phone for 52 min... and counting)

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: BlackBerry Link is Unable to sign in to BlackBerry ID

I had an issue with this on a number of Z10 phones. I went through the process to fix this a few times with BB support.

First make sure when on the net with your browser, you can sign in to your BB ID with your email address and password. If this works then the ID account is working okay for you.

I hope you backed up the phone with the Link software. If the ID does not work, the phone will not let you back up or restore the phone.

The fix I know that works is to re-install the operating system. It is not difficult, but will take some time. It is important to make sure the battery is at least 80% or more charged before doing this operation. I prefer 100% charged.

Connect the phone to the computer. When the computer finds the phone start the Link software.

In the Link program, after the phone is found, click on the Setup (geartooth symbol) at the upper right of the Link window. In the setup, click on Reload Device Software. Click on the prompt box to reload the software.

You will see a lot of action taking place, but slowly. You will have to click on some prompts through the beginning states to approve the re-load.

After the device software is re-loaded the phone will do a re-start. DO NOT disconnect the phone until the complete process is finished and the software gives the notice it is okay to disconnect the phone.

When the re-load is finished, you will need some patients after the restart. You will have to go through all the set as like when the phone was first started up out of the box. You will see that you should be able to sign it in to the BB ID. This will be necessary to continue properly. The annoying part is you will be forced to do the gesture tutorial. I have this down pat to go fast with it. If possible, put the phone on WiFi (if available) during the initial setup process after the re-install. This will make the next steps faster and it will also save you data usage.

When doing the Restore, manually select the items to restore. Do not restore the media if you have an optional SD card. This is especailly so if everything you saved is on the optional SD card. Your optional SD card is not erased during this process. If everything is internal and there is no optional SD card, or if you saved everything on the internal card, then do the media restore.

When the phone is restored, you will have to re-enter the approvals and passwords for all your email accounts. The passwords are not saved in the backup for security reasons.

As for your email addresses, and all the data, if you are synced to Hotmail, or any of the other email web based services that work with the Z10, you should get back all the data that has been synced. Depending on the amount of data it can take over an hour for everything to come back. The phone's system will do it in small amounts of data at a time in order to save network usage as best possible.

I found syncing with Hotmail works best with this phone and Hotmail with Outlook. I am syncing these together. To sync with Hotmail and Outlook the Outlook Hotmail sync Tool is required. This can be downloaded from MS for free and it works very well.

For example, if I make a change in the Hotmail section of Outlook for an address, and then do a Send/Recieve, the change goes in to Hotmail almost immediately. After a few minutes, or up to about twenty minutes, I can see the change happen in the phone. If I make a change in Hotmails contacts, then do a Send/Receive with Outlook the change occurs in the Hotmail Contacts section in Outlook. Eventually the phone picks up the change.

I've done this process a number of times with the Z10's. I have open tickets on the issue of BB ID loss with the phone. Note that when the BB ID does not work, the BB Protect is also disabled.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hiphil
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: TelusMobility

the BBid on my phone works the issue is with BlackBerry Link on my workstation.  My BB link has worked until today now BB link does not work for multiple users,  I think reloading the phone OS is off base.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

It seems I mis-understood the problem. I was looking at the problem where some phones have stopped responding to their BB ID.

You seem to have a different issue...

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.