If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

uml
New Contributor
uml
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BlackBerry Link v1.0.0.75 (Windows OS) Issue!

I have today downloaded and installed the above new version of Link, but still have the same issue as before i.e. software install seems to indicate install issue but software does run but cannot connect to phone even though it is recognised.

I think the fault is minor but combination of re-install, phone reboot etc haven't resolved it. Vodafone don't seem to have any solutions and seem to suggest it is my PC.

Please could someone help me as I have had the phone since 31st January and still cannot backup and transfer data etc.

Please use plain text.
uml
New Contributor
uml

Re: BlackBerry Link v1.0.0.75 (Windows OS) Issue!

On installation I get the following message......

"InstallShield Wizard Completed

The wizard was interrupted before Blackberry Link could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete the installation at another time, please run set up again"

Despite the message above, a Blackberry Link icon has been added to the desktop. On running this, device driver software is attempted to be loaded, this shows the following when finished.....

"Device driver software was not successfully installed

BlackBerry Smartphone.........red cross and Device unplugged

Blackberry Device........green tick and Ready to use" message

Finally, the Z10 appears to connect to Link, but when tab clicked shows the message "Cannot Communicate with Device"!

Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

I think your best option is run Windows System restore to the last system backup before you installed the BB Link.  After the system restore, Download the latest BB link from Blackberry site. Disable any virus programs, run the setup again. Wait till it finishes the install, then do a re-boot, then start the program. Once up, plug in your Z10 and it will install the proper drivers. See if that works for you.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PCRescueSJ
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

I installed the origional and yupdated Link just fine.

But it won't do a full backup of my phone. Fails in 2 seconds. yay! </sarcasm>

Please use plain text.
uml
New Contributor
uml

Thank you for the advise, tried it and it worked once, set up options and then when re-connected it went back to "Cannot Communicate with Device"!!!!!!!

Stuck again, but seems to be something to the device manager and Link?!

Please use plain text.