Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
jforce
My Device: Z10

BlackBerry World Issues

I have been having problems connecting to BlackBerry World. The app starts fine and I can browse through all the apps, games, etc, but sometimes the download button for any free app disappears. After resetting, the button returns, but after clicking it gets greyed out and nothing happens. I swipe down from the top and click downloads and there are usually a few that say download pending. Tapping them does not restart and the name of the app and the picture are not showing. 

My world isn't working at all. When I go to display "My apps and games" I get the spinning blue circle and it never loads. Updating apps is not possible right now either. I would like to just delete blackberry world and reinstall but I don't know how. 

I have tried resetting multiple times along with using the various connection methods. I turned off wifi and used a few of the radios but I get the same result every time. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry World Issues

Hi jforce,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with BlackBerry World.

What is your device software version and BlackBerry World version? 

Does the disappearing Download button happen on all apps you try or just certain ones? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Developer
jforce

Device and software version: Z10STL100-3/10.0.9.2372 

BlackBerry World version: 4.2.1.87

The download button is now back but when I tap it, it greys out then an error message pops up: "An error has occurred processing your request." This is for free apps. Paid apps don't work either. When I tap to download it says, "Getting payment Information," then that disappears and nothing else happens. 

I could be having a BBID issue because when I try to check the BBID settings the screen doesn't load. I can't change payment information either. 

BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

We would need to analyze logs into this issue.

Please contact your mobile carrier and ask they open a ticket with BlackBerry Support.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
yasserhy
My Device: Blackberry Z10

unfortunatly, tha's not the case here with Etisalat in UAE. I have never recieved any notification on my blackberry that there is an update. Even when I do it manually and "check of updates" it never works.

The only way to do that is to do it myself and just search online if there an update or not.

Yasser Youssef
Developer
jforce

I have contacted my carrier which is Rogers and they didn't seem to know about providing a ticket number or carrier code. I have tried calling the BlackBerry support line and haven't been able to get through to anyone without a code of some sort. I have had a bunch of issues now and will probably take it back for a replacement.

BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com