Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
GTX2
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Z10 Battery Life - Infinite Problem ?

Hello,

Seems that the Z10 battery life is a problem with difficult solution - a lot of people complain about it frequently.

I've been using my Z10 since August last year. I never end the day with battery, but I use a lot email and internet browsing - always with the phone in my hands.

Of course, since day 1, I have all the tweaks recommended by everyone: low brightness (lowest possible), apps closed, wireless off when there's no network, bluetooth off, etc etc

Recently, since last software update, my battery drains incredibly fast. From 3 to 5 hours, even without touching it. Doesn't even last one night still with battery full and sleep mode.

Sometimes I notice the phone is very hot and draining really fast.

Last week I was abroad and NOT using the mobile phone (flight mode on), and couldn't last even one fullday (8h).

Anyone can help me trying to find the cause for this problem? 

Many thanks !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sparkygme
My Device: z10

Re: BlackBerry Z10 Battery Life - Infinite Problem ?

Im having same problem   but its been since lastweek when I updated bbm     does anyone knis how to downgrade bbmso I can try that 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Try updating to the latest version of the OS:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-BB10-OS-Using-Sach...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GTX2
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Thinking about Sparkygme said, I remember doing a BBM upgrade recently as well. Maybe this is related?

Btw, I'm now with 10.2.1.537 and it shows no more upgrades to be done.

Stupid questions:

Where to find new updates? Latest version released by blackberry?

And final question, when a backup is made, what are the chances of things go wrong after doing what you suggest?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sparkygme
My Device: z10

Mine was great till the bbm upgrade      what I have also found is when im using bbm its starting to lag when typing it can be as bad as 7/8 words behind 

im also running same version

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

@GTX2, you didn't read the link I posted. You can upgrade to a newer version that many claim has a little better battery life. If you're interested click on the link and follow the instructions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Krofire
My Device: Z10

Just to clarify: are you saying there is an OS update AFTER 10.2.1.537?

Since taking 10.2.1.537 last week by Z10 has become a piece of junk. The onscreen response time in apps is appalling. REALLY slow. I have to reboot it if I wish to use the Facebook app! Battery life has gone from 48 hours down to about 7hrs (if I don't use the device). If I use it continuously (say, using Kindle to read a book) then the life has gone from 8 hours down to 2hrs.

Is there a subsequent OS release that would help?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Yes, there is another newer update. However, the problems you describe indicate you may need to do more than a simple update. A security wipe to get rid of the corrupted data causing the issues you describe is probably necessary too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Krofire
My Device: Z10

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a go. But can you please expand on what this "security wipe" is and how I go about it? A link to the instructions would be great! Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

To perform a Security Wipe please follow the instructions below. Be sure and use BB Link to make a full backup before proceeding with the wipe:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33591

Once the wipe is complete you can restore your backup. Keep in mind that data in the backup may be the source of the original problem and restoring it may restore the problem, as well. To alleviate this I recommend not restoring the Settings portion of the backup.

Please use plain text.