Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Radical911
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL-100
My Carrier: Orange

BlackBerry Z10 Cellular Services won't turn on.

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum and I don't know much about Blackberries so I need help! I just got a Blackberry Z10 from my Dad and everything seems to work perfectly except that when I try to make calls it says "The cellular radio is currently off. Do you want to turn the cellular radio on so you can place your call?" I hit yes and it loads but doesn't do anything. I then try to go the Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network and on there I have: Mobile Network OFF Data Services ON Data services while roaming PROMPT I turn the mobile network on but it loads for ages (I've been waiting for exactly 2 hours now). I checked and the device is unlocked and I even tried to contact the Costumer Service but they cannot help me. Please I need your words of wisdom! Should I just toss it in the garbage? I hope not :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Z10 Cellular Services won't turn on.

First question... do you have a microSIM card in the device... it does require one to work with your network.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Radical911
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL-100
My Carrier: Orange

Oh umm yes ! It's inserted and the device detects it but still, it won't allow me to make calls or text message my contacts :/
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I think you have a bad SIM card (even if it does work in another device).

Get a SIM card swap from your mobile operator and TEST the card before leaving.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Radical911 wrote:
Oh umm yes ! It's inserted and the device detects it but still, it won't allow me to make calls or text message my contacts :/

Is it possible that you have an expired SIM card or rather known as "Pre-Paid"? If there is no time left on the SIM card, you`ll have no network connection until you re-activate / buy a new SIM card. Also, did you try to just remove the SIM card, wait a bit then re-insert and re-star the phone? 

Please use plain text.