Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: STC

BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1 vs. STL100-2

I need some help here. I'm currently living in Saudi Arabia and at the time being there is an uproar (for the knowledeable people) that BlackBerry and the local carriers have decided to bring to this region a 3G (RFG81UW) only version when most of the carriers support 4G frequencies compatible with that of the UK's. While I prefer not to express my views on this matter, I would say being disappointed would be a major, major understatement.

Regardless, I've taken the decision to purchase a UK version (STL100-2) versus the STL100-1 version we get here because it supports 4G and runs using the same frequencies as the major carriers here. 

However, someone recently bought his from the UK and is currently running it on Zain's network which also supports 4G. He claims that whenever he goes into settings and toggles to 4G, the device switches back the setting to 3G, 2G, etc.

Hes speaking of the actual setting itself and not what is showing on the home screen network. Why would this be the case? The phone that he replaced it with was a Samsung S3 LTE version and it ran 4G just fine.

Could someone give me an answer so I can figure out what I need to do? Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Zain SA

Re: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1 vs. STL100-2

This could help ? - http://t.co/PYEvhdVGVJ