Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
amansour
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

BlackBerry Z10 after less than 24 hours of usage

Hello guys, I am frustrated!!!!

I am a person who likes electronics and usually want to try each and every new device that comes into the market, BUT when I bought the Z10, I did not buy it to try it, I bought it knowing what to expect (I thought I knew), which wasn't correct at all.

I used all kinds of Blackberry's that RIM did ever introduce, and I was happy using each and every one of them out of the box, but with the Z10, I am really frustrated.

1- I had to try for several hours to switch between my BB9900 (which I NOW love more than anything on earth due to the simplicity of it's usage, especially after trying the Z10) and the Z10, using LINK, Bluetooth, and many other ways. Nothing did work but installing a third party software called intouchapp, which is ridiculous, why do I need to share my contact list with someone over the net, in order to move it from a BLACKBERRY DEVICE to ANOTHER!!!!

2- Email, I work in a company where we depend on Blackberry for our business emails, we have a couple of hundreds of blackberry devices being used by different level of people, and we use the BIS service to set up our emails, which was the only thing that used to differ blackberry from any other device, and now YOU TOOK THIS OPTION OUT. Why on earth did I buy a blackberry z10 then? I could buy any other smartphone that has more options, more flexibility, more softwares, and can handle emails exactly same as Z10 or even better. As business users, we register to BIS with our ISP which gives us BIS service plus 10GB free data, which on any other blackberry device, is more than enough, because all our emails are coming through the BIS service, while on Z10, it will be through the data package, WHY???

3-Battery life is just stupid.

4-Whatsapp, Skype, Gmail, etc.... I know that these softwares are not designed by Blackberry or RIM or whatever you call yourself now, but COMMON, couldn't you finish developing this device and the associated softwares before launching it?

5- I can cook an egg by breaking it on the back of the Z10, it overheats like hell while charging.

6- NO LTE???? Why???? It is a new device, why devices sold in UAE does not support LTE??

7- when the earphone is plugged in, notifications like bb message notification doesn't play, or maybe plays from the earphone, which isn't useful, yes my earphones are connected to the phone but do I have to keep it in my ears all the time so I can know about any new notification?

8- etc...

This is from less than 24 hours use, i hope you find some solutionsbecause we used to love blacbkerry for what it was and what it used to give.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Z10 after less than 24 hours of usage

Literally all of the issues you've posted have been answered or previously mentioned elsewhere in this forum.For example, many users have noted that the battery life settled down after about 8-10 days and after several charge/discharge cycles.

Search this Z10 section, learn from others previous use. If you need the Z10 is not the device for you, I'd encourage you to get the model that fits your lifestyle and usage best.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.