Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mademan212
My Carrier: Sprint

BlackBerry Z10 and Sprint

What about Sprint??? Please find some way to work with the carrier to rectify this situation! Don't leave so many loyalist hung out to dry by not allowing them the choice between the two flag ship devices! Sprint users need the Z10!!!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,748
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Z10 and Sprint

Yes, they do.

You need to let Sprint know how you feel.

https://twitter.com/sprint

https://twitter.com/sprintcare

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov

BlackBerry would probably love for you to have the device, but as JSanders said above, you need to take it up with Sprint - It was their decision to not carry it.

Maybe if they hear enough demand for it, they'd consider changing their position...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tfwg

Sprint does not care!  Yesterday Sprint spokesman Mark Elliott told Bloomberg. "We think our customers will be happy with the QWERTY keyboard and touch screen on the Q10."

So fuggitaboutit!  Spring knows what is good for you!

You will buy the Q10 and like it.

BTW, and BLACKBERRY says, "you don't need to sync your OUTLOOK with a UBS connection anymore"

So EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS...BEFORE THE CUSTOMER DOES.  Isn't marketing easy????

Please use plain text.
JSanders

tfwg wrote:

BTW, and BLACKBERRY says, "you don't need to sync your OUTLOOK with a UBS connection anymore"

And, BTW, the BlackBerry rethought that and will be releasing the wired Outlook sync update Link in the coming weeks.

Or, had you not seen that?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tfwg

I found a link on crackberry with the sync information.  Nothing from BBRY though, found in crackberry.

Still, two questions remain: why was the sync eliminated in the first place and why isn't BBRY telling everyone?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

tfwg wrote:

I found a link on crackberry with the sync information.  Nothing from BBRY though, found in crackberry.

Still, two questions remain: why was the sync eliminated in the first place and why isn't BBRY telling everyone?

omg, BlackBerry is telling everyone. Where do you think CrackBerry got the information, or did you fail to read the sources of the CrackBerry blog post?

It was announced first by Blackberry, right here, in this forum three weeks ago: 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/New-Blackberry-10-Sync-to-Outlook/m-p/2170993#...

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov

Why do they have to tell everyone? Do they need to send a press release for everything that's coming? (Although they did tell everyone who tried looking, found here.) Pretty sure it was also in a blog post on InsideBlackBerry, or one of their blogs.

Also, all of this software is v1.0. Not all the features could be added for initial release. You have to draw a line somewhere. They pushed out what they had, and over time they build out all the features. Even BB10 is very basic in many ways, but I expect that over time they start to add things back, and expand on certain capabilities and features.

For 1.0 software, all of this is a pretty good start.

Please use plain text.