Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: callmobile

Re: BlackBerry Z10 can't connect to Windows via usb

I just had the same problem - Z10 not connecting to Win7 on Dell Precision M4500 (no reaction- no connection to computer message on Z10 screen). Checked with other Dell laptops, always the same problem.

Sollution was just to reboot the Z10 Phone. Afterwards everything was all fine.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Z10 can't connect to Windows via USB

Hi, I know this link has not been active for a while but I'd been looking high and low for two days for some solution for the same problem.

My problem started after I upgraded the software to 10.2.0.424 and then tried to restore my phone. It connected but did not communicate. Update the BB Link to the latest from the BB site, same thing. Uninstalls, reinstalls, shut downs, starts up (both laptop and Z10), updates drivers (which was a pain to find where to get it!), changed all kind of settings.....the whole shebar of anything that I can find on-line and tried................NOTHING WORKS.

It had brifely communicated wirelessly but could not restore!

Did BB fired all the support tech persons? Please anyboby has a solution? I want my contacts and calender to sync again!

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I have to add, when connected wireless it said " there's no personal workspace in this device, personal data can not be restored". And two button choice , retry or cancel, none of that will help to restore my data.
New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Dialog

Remove USB Composite Device from device manager, then connect BB device via USB and press "Scan for hardware changes"
it will install it from windows update, that worked for me after trying several things which you've have tried as well.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon

Thank you that got my z10 connected to my dell 2 in l laptop
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 120

Re: BlackBerry Z10 can't connect to Windows via usb

nem megy