Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Barnoussi
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

BlackBerry Z10 speaker not working.

Hi,

I m using the Z10 for 4 days now, yesterday I coudn't get any sounds up (music, ringtones,calls, webvideos, radio, videos etc...) I have checked all the settings the volume is all the way up on everything... any suggestions if it's a software bug or hardware? using the headset is fine.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BlackBerry Z10 speaker not working.

Hey Barnoussi,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Have you tried restarting the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone? Hold down the top button for a few seconds and then select restart and test.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Note: Selecting "Restart" works about 50% of the time. If the device goes black and doesn't restart, remove the battery and reinsert.

The sound seems to quit working when several sounds attempt to play at once, such as when receiving an email and a text message (with different sound notifications) at the same time. It's a bug that they will hopefully get fixed soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Barnoussi

Hi John & hatchback,

Thank you for your replies, I have tried restarting the phone, removed the battery, wiped the phone, it didn't fix the issue, my last hope is to use the BlackBerry Link to reset the phone to factory settings and see how it goes from there. Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

The OS reload function in Link does not work properly.

I suggest calling your carrier and having them escalate the issue to BlackBerry. You may have a defective handset.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Barnoussi

Thanks for the follow up, I will try the reload if it's not working I ll call my provider.

Have a good day.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nkazi
My Device: z10
My Carrier: wtel

Hey guys, still figuring this out but I noticed that when I have my 'keyboard' sound/volume down to mute the speaker would not work. But as soon as I turn it up the speaker would start working and now I can hear the phones ring tones notifications etc. I was reading elsewhere that bluetooth pairing also may cause the speaker to not work. So I have deleted paired devices, turned up the keyboard volume and restarted phone. So far so good. Will pair bluetooth again to see if that still causes trouble. But muting keyboard certainly causes speaker to stop working. Hope this helps. Bugs keep surfacing, just downloaded blackberry app world update and lost the icon to launch the app. Anybody have trouble with this? Hopefully next OS update will have the fixes.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
linolear
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hi, ive been using Z10 since March 16th,
I started to have this problem since yesterday, March 21st, I tried Soft Reset, Battery Plug, and Clean Wipe, nothing helped.

My z10 still doesnt make any sound, from app/notification/music/videos, nothing....
Im starting to think that i got a defect product, but ive been using the z10 for a week without this problem.

Anybody have an idea about this?

Should i return(exchange) the product or wait for BB to try giving a software fix?

PS:

i never installed any bluetooth peripherals, its just stopped working for no known reasons, havent fall from pocket or anything either.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nkazi
My Device: z10
My Carrier: wtel

hey,

with regards to my  last post. looks like that was just a temporary fix. worked for a couple of days but then back to the same condition; speaker is not working. at least we know its not a hardware issue. its a software bug that i hoped would be fixed in the next OS update. but then i updated my OS to 10.0.10.82 yesterday but much to my dissapointment the problem remains the same. quite frustrated with the phone. i get 10 missed calls a day because i can barely tell when the phone vibrates even. and in this process i have lost my blackberry app world icon. come on blackberry! the Z10 was supposed to bring some sort of redemption!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Barnoussi

I have replaced the Z10, tried many different software versions nothing helped
Please use plain text.