Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
rodosto13
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Z10 warranty

[ Edited ]
Hi! I would like to buy a new SIM free BlackBerry Z10, (from Carphone Warehouse which is the official UK BB seller according to the BB webpage). But I am originally from Hungary, and now I am here in England, so if I buy a BlackBerry Z10 here, can I validate my warranty also in Hungary, is there any way to do it? Thanks for your answers!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: BlackBerry Z10 warranty

That is best answered by Blackberry support themselves, or by the dealer.

If you are taking the phone to a different country, check with the service provider in that country if the phone will be compatible to their system. Blackberry uses very sophisticated security systems in place, and the carriers have to have the facilities in place to be allowed to activate the phone.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rodosto13

As I have akready asked in my country, there won't be problem with the service provider, only the 4G LTE won't work, but everything else will. So the device will be fine, but I worry only about the warranty. Because if my BB is broken, and it is not my fault, it would be great, if they can repair it also in my country, even if I have bought somewhere else. So how can I contact with the BlackBerry support? (When I tried, my only one option was this forum :smileyhappy: )
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It is my understanding that unlocked devices do not retain their warranty. Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rodosto13

[ Edited ]
Ok, I see. So there is no way, to validate my warranty in other country (even if it is still in the EU)?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Read your warranty and sales contract. I believe you'll find that once removed from the home carrier, the warranty invalid.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rodosto13

I had sent a tweet massage to the BlackBerryHelp, whith the same question, before I asked here, and I have got this massage: "Hi Rajki, please contact your wireless service provider that you would purchase the BlackBerry from for assistance." -that means, maybe there is a way, isn't it?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

rodosto13 wrote:
I had sent a tweet massage to the BlackBerryHelp, whith the same question, before I asked here, and I have got this massage: "Hi Rajki, please contact your wireless service provider that you would purchase the BlackBerry from for assistance." -that means, maybe there is a way, isn't it?

No. That means: "please contact your wireless service provider that you would purchase the BlackBerry from for assistance"

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: 3

As far as I'm aware, Carphone Warehouse isn't the official retailer for Blackberry, just one of the authorised retailers so you know you're not buying one off the black market. The warranty only works in the country where it's issued, so although 3 gave me an unlocked Z10 (I'm still not sure how or why, but I'm not questioning it!), I still get a 2-year manufacturer's warranty. 

If you left the UK to return to Hungary, your 2-year warranty would still be valid, but you'd only be able to get it fixed by bringing it back to the UK and to Carphone Warehouse so they can pass it to the Blackberry repairs dept to get it sorted

Please use plain text.