Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
wiradimartin
My Device: blackberry z10 stl 100-1

BlackBerry z10 device memory problem

I have a problem with my BlackBerry z10 device memory. Over time the so called "other data" keep growing, eating up the internal memory even though i didn't install new apps. So now i have less than 1 gb free storage and keep getting message that i should move some files to the external memory. The "other data" is now at 14.8 gb. BlackBerry 10 os don't let us see the content of this data but i know that all of the apps i installed take less than 4 gb. I wanna find the solution before i factory reset my z10. I don't like to have to install all those apps again. 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry z10 device memory problem

"other data" includes, among other things, the user data of those apps.

As well as contacts, messages, the OS, etc.

So, it's pretty difficult to tell what you need to remove or clear.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

installing the apps isnt really that big of a process, you can tap on download all and then just look at the screen for the ones that need permissions set

i did 100 apps this way on mine and it didnt take too long cept for the large games i have installed.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
wiradimartin

So I finally wipe all the data and reinstalled all the apps and liberated 7 gb of memory. That's rite, 7 gb. I wonder which apps eats all those space. Or could it be the os
Contributor
techahead
My Device: Blackberry z10

There are several apps which will help you remove the unwanted space from the device, MaxMem is one of them, you should try searching for more such apps. Even youtube video app will store some data on ur local machine so you need to clean unwanted files from time to time basis
JSanders

wiradimartin wrote:
So I finally wipe all the data and reinstalled all the apps and liberated 7 gb of memory. That's rite, 7 gb. I wonder which apps eats all those space. Or could it be the os

Much of that is the operating system. Scroll up and read my post, some of it is the apps, and since you've reinstalled "all ofthe apps", that's much of it.

How many apps, total?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

techahead wrote:
There are several apps which will help you remove the unwanted space from the device, MaxMem is one of them,

I don't believe MaxMem is a BlackBerry10 or Z10 app.

If you know differently, please provide a link?

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook

MaxMem was a tool that could "free up space" in OS's 4.2 to 6.0.  It hasn't been updated since sometime in 2008.  There is no BB10 version.

wiradimartin

20ish apps but the most significant ones are nova3 that takes 2 gb of memory and the anomaly korea that takes about 400 mb. Others are just small app ranging from 100 kb to 100 mb. All of the apps combine only takes less than 4gb. Before I installed anything the free storage was 11.6 gb. Now it's at 7.8 gb.
New Contributor
wiradimartin

I've looked through the blackberry world and I didn't find any memory cleaner that can do the job. I guess the BlackBerry 10 os doesn't let you mess around with the memory