Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 10.2.1 Locked out

The phone was working fine until I went to connect it to BB Link to perform a backup, so it asked me for the password for my phone like BB link would normally do. Now the password on my phone is the picture password but this was just asking for a password so I typed in the old text password I had but that didn't work. Then I typed the number that I use for the picture password but that doesn't work either. Tried a few times until I got to 5 tries with no luck. Went to my phone and it said there has been 5 attempts at this password, when you reach 10 the device will wipe. Alright so I tried to unlock the phone from the phone and it was asking for a text password again and not the picture password. Typed my old text password in but no luck.

So now I'm completely locked out of my phone, I tried my BBID password but that failed too. I could wipe it and restore from the previous backup I had but that's a few weeks old now and I don't understand why this is happening.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry 10.2.1 Locked out

Unfortunately I decided to just have the phone wipe and I'll restore the backup I had before so all my settings are there.

After being over at the Crackberry forum as well, I think I just had a brain fart and could't remember the password I used when putting on the picture password. Thought it was my original text password but apparently not. Tried another one but that was my last attempt and it wasn't right.

Phone is removing everything now and then I'll have to restore the backup. *sigh*