02-01-2013 02:43 PM
I am using this phone from two days and found follwoing bugs, has anuone else facing this? BB10 is nice OS with flow but these little things really annoy general users. Please consider points below and provide solution
1) Browser, camera pictures, you tube etc doesn't go to Landscape mode. or nothing roate. I can see Compase works and response to phone rotation. With this bug, whats point of having big screen on BB10
2) BB Maps unable to search address ( UK)
3) BB Yahoo messanger doesn't have option to logout. I have to delete compelet application if I want to login with other ID
4) Private browser setting doesn't save. If i close Browser, I have go back again in settings to enable Private Browsing.
5) Google Talk application doesn't open
6) Facebook application doesn't show more than one day updates
and I am missing some good applications like Nike +, Barclays etc.
02-01-2013 02:51 PM - edited 02-01-2013 02:53 PM
1. Try rebooting the device. My Z10 can use the browser, camera, pictures, etc in landscape mode. There are some apps that only work in portrait mode, but others do indeed work in landscape mode.
2. There was an update to the BB Maps application in BlackBerry World yesterday or the night before. Try to see if the update will help with your maps issue.
3. I don't use Yahoo Messenger, so I can't help there, but try swiping down from the top menu or tap the 3 dots menu option on the lower right corner.
4. I believe that's done on purpose as private browsing is typically only done on a temporary basis.
5. Again, I don't use Google Talk, so I can't say, but the reboot you do for #1 may help there too.
6. I'm not sure why you're having that issue as mine is able to pull up info from 2 days ago, although I'm not entirely sure, but I think the posts may be out of order once you start getting further down the list of updates.
EDIT: To add, if you're missing apps, be sure to contact those companies to express your interest in their apps. They may only create an app if they feel there will be enough interest.
If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!
02-01-2013 03:17 PM
Google Talk works for me. Have you tried to uninstall, reboot and reinstall?
The backup failed for me also. So far the only backup i got working was to go into the option, and selecting only to backup the device data.
02-01-2013 03:39 PM
Glad it worked for you. Apllications can act strange sometimes and usually try a reboot first and if that does not work, then uninstall and reinstall.