Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry 10 - Bugs and applications -

Hello,

I am using this phone from two days and found follwoing bugs, has anuone else facing this? BB10 is nice OS with flow but these little things really annoy general users. Please consider points below and provide solution

Bugs: 

1) Browser, camera pictures, you tube etc doesn't go to Landscape mode. or nothing roate. I can see Compase works and response to phone rotation. With this bug, whats point of having big screen on BB10

2) BB Maps unable to search address ( UK)

3) BB Yahoo messanger doesn't have option to logout. I have to delete compelet application if I want to login with other ID

4) Private browser setting doesn't save. If i close Browser, I have go back again in settings to enable Private Browsing.

5) Google Talk application doesn't open

6) Facebook application doesn't show more than one day updates

and I am missing some good applications like Nike +, Barclays etc.

Thanks

Contributor

Re: Blackberry 10 - Bugs and applications -

in addition to my last post -

* BalckBerry Link software keep freezing my PC ( WIN 7)

* Blackberry 10 backup fails every time for me

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Hi Manishnortel,

1. Try rebooting the device. My Z10 can use the browser, camera, pictures, etc in landscape mode. There are some apps that only work in portrait mode, but others do indeed work in landscape mode.

2. There was an update to the BB Maps application in BlackBerry World yesterday or the night before. Try to see if the update will help with your maps issue.

3. I don't use Yahoo Messenger, so I can't help there, but try swiping down from the top menu or tap the 3 dots menu option on the lower right corner.

4. I believe that's done on purpose as private browsing is typically only done on a temporary basis.

5. Again, I don't use Google Talk, so I can't say, but the reboot you do for #1 may help there too.

6. I'm not sure why you're having that issue as mine is able to pull up info from 2 days ago, although I'm not entirely sure, but I think the posts may be out of order once you start getting further down the list of updates.

EDIT: To add, if you're missing apps, be sure to contact those companies to express your interest in their apps.  They may only create an app if they feel there will be enough interest.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

I have the rotate issue and the Facebook does not let you choose the type of threads....
Contributor

Many thanks Krypto,very helpfull points. Rebooting device fixed rotation issue.

XX

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Google Talk works for me. Have you tried to uninstall, reboot and reinstall?

The backup failed for me also. So far the only backup i got working was to go into the option, and selecting only to backup the device data.

BB 9810
BB10 Alpha
BB Playbook
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange

I too have rotation issues, how do I reboot?
Contributor

Press power button on top side of phone and wait for few seconds. Then power it ON via same button

Contributor

I can confirm reinstalling Google Talk helped and now its working. Strange why it didn't work first time !!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Glad it worked for you. Apllications can act strange sometimes and usually try a reboot first and if that does not work, then uninstall and reinstall. 

BB 9810
BB10 Alpha
BB Playbook