Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
BeverlyL
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry 10 Email...Is there an auto BBC option?

it is imap, not sure what you mean about client - I am using Mail, ical and addressbook.

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Auto bcc is not available yet, not sure if it will ever be, but many have mentioned they would like it.

If you are using IMAP then a copy of your sent items should reflect in your email client as well (on your computer from the server) if it is also using IMAP.

Sounds like your email client is on a mac, which I am not overly familiar with, but if the sent items are showing up there I imagine that it may be possible to have the mac email client use a rule to bcc items from there once they are pulled in from the server, if having the items in the sent folder is not enough for your needs.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
BeverlyL

The message only appears as sent on my blackberry and so I then either have to remember to do a bcc or go back and resend it to myself. This is stupid. Most business users want to be able to automatically have their sent emails on their computers so that they do not lose the thread.

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Is your email program on your Mac (client) setup to use IMAP as well? If so the sent items should be showing up there.
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
ouseppachan

hi, yes you are right... i feel it too as very tedious to have it separately extracted from the sent folders.. as there are many to do so if... 

BeverlyL wrote:

The message only appears as sent on my blackberry and so I then either have to remember to do a bcc or go back and resend it to myself. This is stupid. Most business users want to be able to automatically have their sent emails on their computers so that they do not lose the thread.

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Set up some rules on the PC/MAC and automate the process.. :smileywink:
Regular Contributor
BeverlyL

This makes no sense. I think it is the way imap works. Any message sent from any device i.e. MAC, ipad or Z10 does not appear anywhere else. So unless you know of a way to do it on the Z10 this is a terrible error on RIM's part and will be a problem for them with the US launch unless they address it. This is critical in the business world.

Forums Advisor III
drewread

BeverlyL wrote:

This makes no sense. I think it is the way imap works. Any message sent from any device i.e. MAC, ipad or Z10 does not appear anywhere else. So unless you know of a way to do it on the Z10 this is a terrible error on RIM's part and will be a problem for them with the US launch unless they address it. This is critical in the business world.

Hi Beverly,

IMAP displays what is currently stored on the server, and Sent Items should reconcile to all devices. This functionality is working perfectly on mine. My Z10, Playbook and Outlook are all completely synchronised for all 4 of my IMAP accounts. My only gripe is that I wish that the Z10 would send deleted items to the "trash" folder so that I could save them if I accidentally delete them. :smileywink:

If you don't mind posting your IMAP email account's provider info (who hosts your account), and the port numbers for your IMAP server (receiving server) and your SMTP server (sending server) and what type of encryption your are using for each (None, SSL, or StartTLS) maybe we can help you out.

If you don't want to post this info publicly for any reason, feel free to send me a PM and we can look at it offline and post the results back here when we are done. :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
BeverlyL

Godaddy is my service provider . Pop server.net, port 995 SSL is on, smtpout.secureserver.net is the server address and the smtp port is 465. Hopefully this helps. By the way when I delete an item from my Z10 it des not delete on the other devices.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Your account is set up using pop not imap. That is why you're not getting your sent mail sync'd back. You'll need to find the imap server settings and use them to set up the account. Once you get those settings from go daddy delete and recreate the account using the new settings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!