Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry 10 Email...Is there an auto BBC option?

Sorry I do not follow. The account is definitely an imap account and that is why I can access it on multiple devices. So I do not understand where I need to check the settings.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

BeverlyL wrote:
Godaddy is my service provider . Pop server.net, port 995 SSL is on, smtpout.secureserver.net is the server address and the smtp port is 465. Hopefully this helps. By the way when I delete an item from my Z10 it des not delete on the other devices.

See the part in bold above.  That is a pop server setting.  Many email accounts can be accessed either via pop or imap.  You are accessing your account via pop.  That is why your sent mail is not syncing back to the server.  Contact GoDaddy and get the proper server settings for setting up using imap and then delete and recreate the account using those settings on the Z10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

A quick google search brought this up. When you recreate the account on the Z10 you'll need to use the advanced button and not just let the system decide the settings for you. Using the advanced button will allow you to manually enter the server settings.

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/4714/setting-up-your-email-address-with-imap
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

I have a Robles because my account at godaddy shows both and so the z10 automatically picks up the pop sever. When I try to change it, it will not connect. I guess I have to contact Godaddy to remove the pop server option. On a totally different note, for whatever reason my calendar works from my computer to my Z10 but not the other way around. I am using iCal operating on iCloud. Is there a problem with some setting? Thanks
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900, Playbook
My Carrier: Orange UK

I am a business user, but I don't have BES or anything else for support on this issues. I have always relied on the in-built functions of BB. Is there any reason why BB can't just re-instate this option (which is clearly used by a multitude of people by a quick search on the forums)? The old saying of if something ain't broke, why fix it?

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Truphone

I agree completely. This is an obvious unintentional omission. Needs to be sorted out.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

I have just gotten the Q10.

The way I have my e-mail set up, I need to allow for my desktop software to download a copy of my sent messages. I find IMAP settings clumsy.

This functionality is available on iphones, and I am flaberghasted that previous versions of the blackberry were able to do this.

This is a must!

Please return these functions back to the BB10...

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I completely agree ... omitting the BCC option in the email setup is a sloppy omission.   This should be a simple global email option (as it was with BB OS 7.0 and earlier).  Using this manually for each email is unproductive and silly.

Visitor

Big reason I bought another BB is because I wanted to maintain the efficiencey of managing e-mails.

I too prefer to manage and file e-mails from my desktop.

Two major issues I have run into with my Q10:

1. Not having the automatic bbc

2. BB deletes messages on my server so I have to make sure I download messages to my desktop before doing any purging on my BB.

Hoping that someone listing to these concerns and these problems get fixed.

If there is any comfort, it seems I'm not alone with these issues.

Guru II

GJeffrey wrote:

Big reason I bought another BB is because I wanted to maintain the efficiencey of managing e-mails.

I too prefer to manage and file e-mails from my desktop.

Two major issues I have run into with my Q10:

1. Not having the automatic bbc

2. BB deletes messages on my server so I have to make sure I download messages to my desktop before doing any purging on my BB.

Hoping that someone listing to these concerns and these problems get fixed.

If there is any comfort, it seems I'm not alone with these issues.

#1: Oft times you can set up the automatica BCC on the mail server.  Not quite the same as having it on the device only but will work if available.

#2:  With OS 10.2.1 (coming soon officially but now only available to manually install if you like to tinker) you can delete from the handheld only or both the handheld and the server.  If you don't want to load the leaked 10.2.1 OS and you really want this feature then I suggest creating a subfolder and then filing the messages in that folder.  You can then set that folder to not show on the BB device.