Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

georgecobb
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry 10 Software Update Takes Too Long

I started updating through my computer a couple hours ago, and it downloaded the update normally, but when it started installing it, it remained at 1% for over an hour.

Is this a glitch, or what?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ceejones
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2 Telefonica

Re: Blackberry 10 Software Update Takes Too Long

Only took about 10mins all in for me mt
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

georgecobb wrote:

I started updating through my computer a couple hours ago, and it downloaded the update normally, but when it started installing it, it remained at 1% for over an hour.

Is this a glitch, or what?

Let it sit a bit longer, it shouldn't be that long, but if you have a large amount of filespace to backup and restore... it could.

If after another hour it has not proceeded, remove and reinsert the battery and see if the device boots up?

IF STILL NOT:

I would connect the device to your PC and don't open the Link software, but type this in your PC browser

www.blackberry.com/upgrades

It should recognize your device, If it does not, while the device is still connected to the PC, remove and reinsert the battery to see if the device will be recognized.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

If you are on a PC check the properties of the USB root hubs in the System Devices management.   Typically the PC can have two or more USB root hubs. In the power management check that the power management does not turn off the port. In desktops this is not necessary. It's by default for laptop computers.  In this case if you are on a laptop the advantage of the power management is when it's on battery and active devices remain connected when the laptop is in sleep mode. 

After changing the setting do a restart if the PC and try again. Most likely thus is the problem. 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
latinlyrics
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know why updates on the Z10  take so long.... My update is on 99% after 6 hours and still going. I cannot understand what it could be doing for so long... and it isnt stuck ast it took about 45 minutes per % from 96 onwards. I am a die hard BB fan but this is enough to put anyone off... Thought Blackberry were fixing nonsense like this!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

latinlyrics wrote:

Does anyone know why updates on the Z10  take so long.... My update is on 99% after 6 hours and still going. I cannot understand what it could be doing for so long... and it isnt stuck ast it took about 45 minutes per % from 96 onwards. I am a die hard BB fan but this is enough to put anyone off... Thought Blackberry were fixing nonsense like this!

What update are you doing, do you recall which release it is updating to?

Regardless, sitting for six hours at 99% is no normal. Is this an over the air wireless update? If so, it's time to reboot, and see what happened, if it loaded or what. Try holding down the up and down volume keys together, both, for about 15 seconds and see if it reboots...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
latinlyrics
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi JSander

Thanks for the reply. After 2 hours at 99% I took the battery out and rebooted... it is now at 91% and counting nearly 1 hour rebooting. This is the longest reboot I have had so it seems something is wrong. I will have a look at restoring a previous backup if the reboot doesnt complete within an hour. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Ok, post back how it goes and if you need other troubleshooting.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.