Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
nitinsaini
My Device: z10

Blackberry Data plans

Does blackberry z10 need blackberry data plans to access bbm or other services like emails or it works on regular plans which I was using for my android device? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nitinsaini

Re: Blackberry Data plans

In India??

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sameer_it17
My Device: BB Z10

Yes it will work on the Data plans that were used in android and iOS devices. . there is no concept of BB data plan in OS 10 devices. . 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pystha
My Device: Z10

No, Blackberry Z10 (Blackberry 10 OS)  don't need any blackberry data plan. It works with regular internet connections.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nitinsaini

but some of the network providers like bsnl.. shows plans for z10 on their website... reallly need guidance on this topic as i want to purchase this device.. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sameer_it17
My Device: BB Z10

Yes in the below link you can see the BSNL plans for BB10

http://www.bsnlteleservices.com/2013/03/bsnl-blackberry-smartphone-new-plans.html

But as of now there is no special plan for BB10 devices.. also double check with BSNL support for confirmation. . to my knowledge there is not... i am also using Z10 without any special plan . . 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nitinsaini

with which "NETWORK PROVIDER" you are using your z10?

Please reply so that if will face any problem with my provider...i have a option to switch to another network provider

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pystha
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Those data plans at network providers are most likely for the BB10 prior devices. (yes, some people are still using those)

I use my Z10 without any BB data plan as well.

Please use plain text.
Developer
samarthsevak
My Device: Playbbook

You don't require any separate Internet connection for that now normal data plane will work in India.............
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

nitinsaini wrote:

with which "NETWORK PROVIDER" you are using your z10?

______________________________________________________________________________________

It doesn't matter which network provider is being used, any data plan will work with the new BB10 phones (like the Z10).

Older BlackBerry devices used to use BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service, aka a "BlackBerry Data Plan") but those days are over. Any cellular data plan should work with the Z10. Many carriers allow a BIS plan to function with the Z10 but it's not required.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.