Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Bkuedog
My Device: Z10

Blackberry ID Problem on Z10

I had a Blackberry.net email address on my Bold9900. RIM discontinued the blackberry.net addresses on the Z10 so I had to sign up for a new Blackberry ID address to be able to register the Z10 - This killed my old Blackberry ID on the Bold and has affected both devices. BBM works on one or the other and keeps transferring the data back and forth. I signed my wife up for her own BB ID address and switched the ID account info in the Bold in the Options screen. This changed the Blackberry ID address in both devices - the **bleep** device won't let me change either of them back to my Blackberry ID as it says the email address is already in use and I have to provide a new email to continue???????
I also signed in directly to https://blackberryid.blackberry.com and get the message "The username you have entered is already in use. Please provide a new username to continue."
If I change to a new user name email address on the device, it wants to security wipe - I have no idea how it transferred in the first place. Any ideas on how to fix?

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: Blackberry ID Problem on Z10

[ Edited ]

Blackberry has a very strict and defined security policy. Unfortuneatly to change the ID the device must be wiped. You can wipe the device and then load back your backup. Before loading back the backup you will be able to put in a new ID.

Before making the backup that you will re-load, remove your password so the backup is not protected. If you have a password on the backup the restore will want to work only with the original ID.

I was told with the Z10 they went one more step ahead for the security. If you change phones, you will not be able to restore the phone from your local backup because the pin number will be different. I have to get this verified...

A work around is to sync the phone to Hotmail for everything and use Hotmail sync for an added backup. If the phone is changed, when you re-sync the new phone to Hotmail the synced files will come back to the new phone.

I hope this all helps you out...

Jerry G.
New Contributor
Bkuedog
My Device: Z10

My problems have escalated significantly -

I backed up the device, did the security wipe and the **bleep** backup will NOT reinstall nor will it reinstall any other backup that was made on the device in the past two weeks.  There was no password on the device but it will not reload with my ID (which was also the ID used to make the earleir backups). The worst part is, all I did was change the Blackberry ID on my Bold 9900 to try and fix the BBM on taht device - it wirelessly rewrote itself onto the Z10.

I have spent most of the day F---cking with this and have got it to the point that I now have email, contacts, and 3 mon worth of Calendar - I cannot get "Remember" to synch with Outlook's Tasks and Notes and Password Keeper is completely empty which means I have lost the 200 most important items on the device.  The new Z10 is **bleep**.  I am a tech savvy individual and the experience to date is FAR from stellar. Brutal.

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

If you have all your contacts, notes and etc in the Z10 or an older Blackberry see if you can sync the phone to Hotmail. 

If you wipe the Z10, when you set up your Hotmail account allow the sync feature. The contacts and etc should come back from Hotmail. This is how I got my data back from an exchanged Z10 to another.

If you have an older Blackberry phone with your data on it, you can do a phone switch to the Z10 using the Link software.  With the older version of the Link software I know this did not work with some of the older models. I am not sure, but this may be fixed.

I was hearing from some reliable sources that Blackberry is working on an Outlook sync feature for the Z10 Link software. There is are also some dealers who are saying Blackberry is supposed to come out with a new more advanced 4G tablet some time this summer.

Jerry G.