Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
kazdev
My Carrier: Etisalat

Blackberry ID on your device does not math (Cant restore a backup file)

hi,Im facing an issue and Im sorry if this topic has been discussed in before as I could not spot it out anywhere/could not find the right solution.I was facing an issue of "other data" to be filled up with 11 GB unnecesarily on my Z10,so i read some blogs and support forums which guided me to wipe my device and remove any unnecesary applications or sideloaded apps which i have never installed or used. (just fyi) As soon as i took my backup and did a security wipe  ,i tried to use the same blackberry id which I had been using previously all this while,but at first it said my password was wrong,all right i can agree that i must have forgotten my password which I mostly tend not to agree to;Why? because all my passwords are same related to this email id/blackberry ID of mine.Moving on,I reset my password using internet explorer and going to the link blackberry provided and thankfully I was over that.But another issue just rised,i could not see any of my data restored,such as app world apps,my contacts,bbm contacts or anything for that matter.Secondly,when i try to restore my backup file it says "the blackberry id on the device does not match" ;whereas the ID on my PC and my z10 is exactly the same.I need urgent help please,i would be really glad as my phone is as good as a nuked bb where I cannot do my daily business tasks or chat or do anything.Any help would greatly be appreciated,thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Blackberry ID on your device does not math (Cant restore a backup file)

Hello Kazdev

I mention if lost password Blackberry ID you can not connect to the device as the password credentials are incorrect.

For that matter when you lose the password and does not remember it would only be to create a new Blackberry ID.

Regards.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

Signature by @Gutijose14
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kazdev

Hi gutijose14,thx for the reply,but does that mean i can not access my backup file again as it has all my data because creating a new blackberry id means that I will have to start afresh.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Carrier: Rogers

kazdev wrote:
Hi gutijose14,thx for the reply,but does that mean i can not access my backup file again as it has all my data because creating a new blackberry id means that I will have to start afresh.

It is exactly right, if you use a new BBID, then the backup that was made with the old BBID is not accessible uthe new BBID, to accessit you need to use the old BBID

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kazdev

hi rat-7,thx for your reply. 

Is there no last resort? Blackberry backup Extractor,Magicberry etc nothing works as i think the issue with them would be the encryption of the blackberry ID. But i want to know if there could be any way out,like giving my file to blackberry support personnel and they decrypt the contents and give it to me somehow,i mean im a newbie,so if something like this is possible,im ready to pay too,losing sensitive data that too after having a backup file right in front of my eyes and not being able to access just because of this reason is very unlikely,therefore i would like to ask for the nth time is there any last resort?,if not,ive already made another ID,i'd continue with it :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: .... thx guys 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7

kazdev wrote:

hi rat-7,thx for your reply. 

Is there no last resort? Blackberry backup Extractor,Magicberry etc nothing works as i think the issue with them would be the encryption of the blackberry ID. But i want to know if there could be any way out,like giving my file to blackberry support personnel and they decrypt the contents and give it to me somehow,i mean im a newbie,so if something like this is possible,im ready to pay too,losing sensitive data that too after having a backup file right in front of my eyes and not being able to access just because of this reason is very unlikely,therefore i would like to ask for the nth time is there any last resort?,if not,ive already made another ID,i'd continue with it :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: .... thx guys 

As far as I know there is no other way but to use the BBID that the file was created with, I know that for the phones and even the Playbook, even BlackBerry can not circumvent the a lost password as they have no way to use a backdoor to get into the device, and I would assume that the same is true of the backup file

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kazdev

Alryt,thx every1,i guess blackberry should give you a kind of option where they can access your content with you consent incase of mishaps like this,i hope its not a bad suggestions but thx a ton for your help guys :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Coatsy

I am having the same problem, but when I did the back up I did not choose the BB password option. When I go to restore the files it is telling me that the Blackberry ID doesnt match the device, how is that even possible, it is the same device. lol

I don't even remember what my previous blackberry ID was?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GeoffreyToyota
My Carrier: rogers

I am having same issue, backupfile was created as blackberry10. when i try to restore it says I can't because names don't match. But when I try to change to blackberry10 it says it is taken........ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Please use plain text.
Darren69
My Carrier: Proximus

Re: Blackberry ID on your device does not math (Can't restore a backup file)

GeoffreyToyota wrote:

I am having same issue, backupfile was created as blackberry10. when i try to restore it says I can't because names don't match. But when I try to change to blackberry10 it says it is taken........ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

There is a way to find out which ID was used for the update. Involves a little fiddling.

Step 1: Locate the Backup file you are trying to restore;

Step 2: Make a copy of that file. Change the copy file extension from .bbb to .zip;

Step 3: Open the backup file you have just altered.

Step 4: Once opened, double click on 'Manifest'. It'll open on your web browser. From there, you'll see which Blackberry ID was used when the phone was backup.

Step 5: Change the BBID on your phone to match that you found from Step 4. And restore.

Good Luck.

Please use plain text.