Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID setup

I have a Playbook and two new BB Z10s (mine and my spouse's). We have one main email address. The playbook has a Blackberry ID, which is our email address, and I realize the same ID is used for my BB Z10. The  question is do we set up my spouse's Z10 with the same Blackberry ID or a separate ID, as the Blackberry web site says use the same ID for all your devices?

If we use the same Blackberry ID, does this negate any Z10 functions between the two phones like Video Chat etc?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry ID setup

You will want to use a different BlackBerry ID for your wife's Z10 as you you can only have one BlackBerry ID active on one BlackBerry handheld device at a time. This is pretty much for the reason you alluded to. BBM can only work on one device at a time, so if you have two handhelds with the same BlackBerry ID, you won't be able to get BBM on both devices.

I know it's a pain for any apps you may have, but as far as I'm aware, there is no other way to do this at this point in time.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!