Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
sarbjit01
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Id is not working on z10

The blackerry ID is not working on my z10 and as such is not allowing me to back up my phone ... can anyone help please

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Id is not working on z10

Hello sarbjit01 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your BlackBerry ID.

In order to better assist, can you elaborate the issue you are having with your BlackBerry ID? 

Are you getting an error within an application? Within BlackBerry Link when trying to do a backup? If you are seeing an error, can you please provide that error? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarbjit01
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

I need to give you the complete issues- i received my first z 10 which i had to get replaced within a few days as it was not charging. When i received the second z10 ie in replacment for the first faulty one i had more problems like the screen feezing, the ringer changing to off when i had put it on ring so when it was agreed that it was also faulty i had to have another one but i needed to back up the second one and thats the one that would not back up as the Blackberry ID kept on saying the id did not recognise the phone - after spending two hours with sutomers services it became apparant that when the new phone was ordered it was linked to the blackberry id before i had even got it.

the new handset actually backed up and even restored from my torch back up.

but now i have an issue has i have three phones on the blackberry link when i load it up and i need to remove them i guess and also as all my contacts were linked to gmail when i changed them on handset 2 the changes have not taken affect on handset three.

It seems everytime i add the links to the one contact its not updating so is there a fix for that.

How do i save my contacts or back them up ? i was able to do this before but on the new link its not possible

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PrimehojoX
My Carrier: Telus

I am getting an issue as well.

I was having issues with the BlackBerry World when trying to download apps and view My World.   So i linked my phone to BlackBerry Link and tried to do a backup, and get the following:

Tries to back up then will eventually come up with "This device is not associated with a BlackBerry ID"

When I check my setteings->About->General.  It has my BlackBerry ID still.  So then I check the setup->BlackBerry ID but it just give me loading icon saying Retrieving BlackBerry ID properties... (waited 25minutes and still waiting). 

Internet works, text messages are coming through and phone calls work.  My BlackBerry ID works as I used it to login to BlackBerry Protect.   I just cant get it to work again on my Z10.

This is a MAJOR problem!

Software Release: 10.0.9.348

OS Version: 10.0.9.2372

Buid ID: 415323

Model #: STL100-3

I hope this can be fixed without a factory reset.   You should be able to backup your device without a BlackBerry ID, just not be able to use it without a BlackBerry ID.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Carrier: Bell

HI sarbjit01,

To make sure I understand the issue - your latest BlackBerry Z10 was sent to you with a BlackBerry ID that is not yours already registered?

And when you add your Gmail account, your contacts don't restore to your device?

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PrimehojoX

No.

I had a BlackBerry 9800 Torch before.  I got the Z10 about 2 weeks ago.   Transferred everything fine, and it worked without any major glitches.  Until yesterday when BlackBerry World started to act up, and I am unable to even get to the BlackBerry ID setup screen, it just keep loading and loading.

Since I have seen no OS10 updates, the only thing I can think of doing to hopefully fix this is wipe the system back to default.   But I wanted to back my device up first though it cannot happen since BlackBerry ID is not associated.  Even though I backed it up 2 days ago without an issue.

This is frustrating!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I had an issue where my Z10 lost its ID capability. When this happened, I wiped the phone, re-register the ID, and then I was able to restore the prevous backup.  After this event I was having some problems, such that it would not save any shortcuts to the desktop, and the Blackberry Protect would not work.

I called Blackberry support. The tech asked me to connect the phone to my computer. He asked me to go through some steps to send him the phone logs. Then he asked me for permission to come in to my computer to make some observations and guide me through fixing the fault. After all this was done, and the logs were evaluated he suggested I re-install the operating system from scratch. He told me if this does not fix the phone he will give me an authorization and ticket number to take to the dealer to have the phone exchanged.

I followed through the wipe, and re-install of the operating system. This was about 4 days ago. So-far the phone has been super deluxe since this re-install. After the re-install I was able to re-register the phone, and I was able to restore the phone from its last backup.

Since I bought the phone, and before I did the re-install I found with the email composition I was getting some eronious shortcuts showing below the To and Cc prompts that I had no clue about. Since the re-install this problem has since dissapeared.  I also had some instances where the ring would stop, or some other function would not work properly. Doing battery pulls fixed these. Since the re-install, so-far the phone has not required a battery pull. 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Just to add...

My wife also got the new Z10. She likes this phone a lot, and so do I. After about five days her phone was no longer able to charge the battery. The display became very dim on one side. The dealer exchanged the phone. The new one is working very well now.

As like I said previously, I think a re-install of the OS will fix your fault. If not, get the phone exhchanged again...

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PrimehojoX

Thanks.  I actually just did the wipe and now getting my last backup restored. Hoping this fixes my problems now.  If i run into another problem I'm definitely just going to get it exchanged, I like BlackBerry but for a huge release of a new platform this is really going to hurt them if they dont make the US launch FLAWLESS.

How did you re-install the OS

I hope BlackBerry comes out with a new OS update fast, maybe will have some of the major functionality issue people are having.   It does look like each phone has different set of its own issue which probably means the OS was never installing properly from day one and failing in different parts of the install.

Please use plain text.