Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Link, Music Sync question

I connected my Z10 to my laptop to the "Link" thing and it wanted to copy all of my music, pictures, video from my laptop.  I figured out how to get it to stop doing the pictures and video, but not the music.  How do I disable this?  My laptop has way more music, videos and pictures than the phone can handle and I only want certain things loaded to the phone.  Should I just refrain from using "Link"?

Cheers

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Link, Music Sync question

Maybe it's the BBLink version. I have 1.1.1.41.

The same place you found how to turn off syncing pictures and video should be the same place for music. On the bottom click on your device (not the source computer). Click on the gear up top for settings. Scroll down for Synchronization. Under Files uncheck the things you don't want to sync. I have the choice of music, pictures, videos, documents.

Sorry if that's all painfully obvious and of no help to you.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Wierd, I have the same version as you but I don't have the Synchronization setting.  Mine simply says to right click on the folders you don't want to synchronize, which I did for all but the music.  When i right click on the music or any sub folders it simply does nothing.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Well that's about all I have. I'm using Windows 7 by the way. I see nothing about right-clicking anything...just check-boxes.