Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
pchambers
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Link causing problems for my Z10

I've Security Swiped my phone the three times in the last 2 days to solve a problem with texting.I updated my software via wifi rather than Blackberry Link. It worked to solve the problem but then the problem reappeared after restoring from a back up the first two times. The last time I manually restored everything I could but lost password and apps which I'm fine with. I'm reluctant to use Blackberry Link again as the last update I did to Link seemed to trigger this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions? My Blackberry Link has never really been what I would call stable.

Any thoughts on my Link issue.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Link causing problems for my Z10

Can you be a little more specific? What kind of problem with texting?

If there is a problem that reappears after restoring your data then I wouldn't restore. You'll have to start from scratch. Link works OK for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pchambers
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I couldn't send or recieve texts, once I hit send they would default to not send and just sit there. I wasn't able to recieve texts after I did my link upgrade, althoughI of course didn't realise it right away.

My problem with Link has mostly been boot up and connection issues with my phone, nothing major.

I think I must have had a buggy app that didn't mesh well with me syncing my Contacts and Calender.

Do you sync Outlook with the link software?

All in all I still love my phone.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I recommend only doing updates over wifi. Don't do updates through Link unless there's been a problem with the wifi udpate.

Your carrier will send out carrier specific updates that may resolve issues like that after an update.

I have a Q10 that I'm syncing through Link, mostly just testing it. I haven't had any issues with it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
perryy
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Mtn

I can neither make call nor send text messages since I updated my my z10. It Was not a major update but a 12 mb update which didn't affect the version of the os.
I am still on 10.1.0.2019. Kindly help me out. I'm just frustrated with my new z1, which I cherish so much.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
perryy
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Mtn

I have called my service providers and I was told I don't have problem with my line. My phone is unlocked. Can you push me update that can resolve this?
Please use plain text.