Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

ianlogan95
My Device: z10

Blackberry Link doesn't connect to z10

I connect my z10 to my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop via usb cable. A message "device connected to computer" appears on my z10 display but there is no connection confirmation on the laptop.

It used to work but recently, when I have opened BB Link on the laptop,it recognises my computer but not the z10.

My wife also has a z10 and the result is the same - no connection to Link.

It does not similarly display that connection to computer message on my wife's z10 however.

This means we cannot backup our phones!.

I have tried connecting to all 4 USB ports on the laptop with various different usb cables but to no avail.

I went into Device Manager on the laptop and dsicovered a message "Code 39 error. Cannot load driver.....may be corrupted".

Is this a BB Link software issue - if so when will it be corrected? (I have uninstalled and reinstalled the BB Link download so I assume the version is the current one).

Can BB please resolve this issue (I had previous problem with Link when it wouldn't complete downloading and reversed the install procedure. That same incident also occurred when I tried to install BB Link to a different pc yesterday.

Regular Contributor
sk8er_tor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Link doesn't connect to z10

I've also had this issue on my Windows 7 64-bit Pro laptop.
Contributor
HamzaZ10
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Unplug your phone.

Delete the driver that isn't working.

Reboot your computer.

Plug your phone back in.

It should reinstall that driver successfully, with a bit of luck.

New Contributor
mistaya
My Device: Z10

This worked for me. Try putting the phone into flight mode or temporarily turn off wifi. I think it is a problem when connected on the same wifi that USB connection isn't seen. Go to Settings, Network Connections, turn on Flight Mode or turn off wifi.