Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
osubux1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Link not showing my Playlists from WMP

I just got the Z10.  All is going well except for Link showing my Playlists.

I use WMP and have chosen that in my BB Settings as my player.  In WMP, I have two Plyalists with just a couple of songs.  I purposely removed all previous playlists in order to start from scratch.  I did a small rebuild of two playlists in WMP.

In Link, it shows two tabs... one is my laptop, the other is the Z10.  In the computer it shows all of my music, but it displays the Playlist info in a weird way.  It does not show the two separate Playlists.  Instead it shows a list of songs that are in both playlists.  So, if Playlist A has 4 songs, and Playlist B has 3 songs... Link just shows a list of 7 songs.

However, when I view Playlists on the actual Z10 device, it shows the two separate Playlists.

The major problem is that I will want to rebuild my WMP Playlists to around 12-15 total.  I need the Z10 and my Laptop in Link to display the actual Playlists, not the list of songs in all of them and in no real order.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Link not showing my Playlists from WMP

Hi osubux1,

When viewing your music in BlackBerry Link, you should notice, next to Playlists, there is a small arrow.  When you click the arrow, the Playlists will expand into all of the Playlists found in Windows Media Player, thus you can see each individual list.  When clicking on the Playlist heading at the top, all songs in all Playlists will appear on the right hand side.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
osubux1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Awesome... that works perfect!  Based on searching the net, it seems a lot of people are not seeing the "arrow" as a drop down / opening lind of functionality.

Please use plain text.
LWhyte
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Hello,

I have installed a media card for my music on my Q10. The music shows on link, however not the playlists and there is no arrow beside 'playlists' on link. I'm using WMP, and the playlists are in m3u format. How can I load the playlists onto my q10?

Thanks

Please use plain text.