Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jacksonlow
My Device: z10

Blackberry Link "Sign In"

Hi, 

Does anyone have any problem signing in to Blackberry Link? (top right corner icon).

When i click on it, it tells me "Unable to sign in to your Blackberry ID. Confirm you are connected to the internet and try again" . I am actually connected to the internet and im able to surf the net. On top of that my phone is connected to the WIFI as well. 

One more thing is that on the bottom bar, which shows your computer and blackberry device connected, mine has the triangular hazard sign beside my BB connected. Any idea why? 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: Blackberry Link "Sign In"

The triangle sign is appearing as you have not been able to sign in to your blackberry account. The link will only connect to those devices that have been registered to your blackberry ID.

I wonder why you are having a problem signing in. Please recheck the username and password. Recheck if you are able to sign in to other blackberry services on the internet on your computer. If the problem persists, uninstall link and download and install the latest version of link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

ukmight wrote:

The triangle sign is appearing as you have not been able to sign in to your blackberry account. The link will only connect to those devices that have been registered to your blackberry ID.

I wonder why you are having a problem signing in. Please recheck the username and password. Recheck if you are able to sign in to other blackberry services on the internet on your computer. If the problem persists, uninstall link and download and install the latest version of link.

Funny what you are saying, i never sign with my BBID in Link and I was able to connect and backup 2 Playbook, one of them is not even using the same BBID as the phone or the other Playbook

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

[ Edited ]

I may be wrong in that case. I have always used the sign in and my devices were automatically added to the link.

If it is not necessary, then the triangular sign most likely represents an error in backup or error in sync

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mamario62
My Device: BB Z10

I had your problem one week ago, the only solution I found it was to re-install blackberry link.

The situation was exactly the same you have.

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.
(O. Wilde)
Please use plain text.