Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
simplyveen
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Protect service Unavailable

Post upgrade to  10.1.0.4181,  Blackberry Protect service is not working and error "Unable to connect to the Blackberry Protect Service" shows up. 

PLease help. 

Thank you 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Protect service Unavailable

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (step 1 should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive

2) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
simplyveen
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi

Thank you.. It worked :Clap:!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kenzzie
My Device: BB10 Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks, worked for me as well.

K

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are welcome.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deb1985
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: EE

This don't work for me :'(
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello,

deb1985 wrote:
This don't work for me :'(

Hmmm..."don't work"...hmmm... Does the process complete as documented, but just does not cure the issue? Or does the process not even complete as documented? From "don't work", it's rather difficult to tell.

Plus, what did your service provider say? That is, after all, the next recommendation already listed if the steps don't work...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deb1985
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: EE

Well recently i have had a few issues with my phone but also noticed blackberry protect has stopped working. It says unable to connect please try again later. The phone had a master reset yesterday and I have also done battery pulls, rebooted, turned location settings on and off and try to reconnect and it's still not connecting. EE said they can't assist and it's a case for BlackBerry
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sadly, nothing in what you just said correlates to the full recommendations I gave in post 2 above...I see nothing in your post regarding step 1 of that process (registration with the BB network). I also do not know exactly what you mean by "master reset"...there could be several things that correlate to that, but there is no actual "master reset" command to choose anywhere. So, I am rather unable to understand quite exactly what you have attempted.

Further, you say you "had a few issues", but didn't reveal those either...it is entirely possible that these other issues might give indications about what the root issue might be. Not knowing them leaves us to guess, so we'll do our best.

Lacking any more information that what you've stated (I choose to not assume anything), I can only recommend that you conduct an on-device WIPE, and perhaps an OS reload. Failing that (or if you already did so yet my understanding is unclear) go back to EE and insist that they help you. Your device worked fine on their network for a time, and then something changed to prevent it from doing so anymore. Only they can look at their systems to find out why your device and their network are no longer properly communicating with each other. Further, only EE can formally escalate your issue up to BB if such is indeed required...posting here in this user-to-user community is not achieving any discussion with BlackBerry...only the formal escalation and support process can achieve that. Refer:

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.