If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Vigneshk
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Blackberry Support please Respond with a solution,

I have been facing overheating and very quick battery drain on my Blackberry Z10 handset that I so passionately upgraded from my Bold9900. I have been using Blackberry for many years I upgrade new model every time they launched one.

But unfortunately this time the Z10 is definitely a huge disappointment. none of my earlier Blackberries have ever visited service centre or faced any significant problems that has made me write to you.

A list of problems that is too frustrating. You may understand my condition as a frequent traveller and a heavy BB user. Overheating and battery drain is arguably frustrating experience.

Since two years we are using BB as a primary communication device at my company and have deployed over 20 Blackberries to my key executives but for test we picked up two Z10’s.

Sometimes I feel that while using just the BBM and Whatsapp or the BB app World the Z10 gets so hot which is enough to press my suit’s Pocket square. The quick battery drain I have to charge my device at least 3 times in a day.

I have visited several BB support forms that are hosted by Blackberry and a third party Crackberry and I notice many are complaining of similar problems. There were a couple of fixes which I diligently followed  Like:

1)      Blackberry full backup through link and then security wipe the entire device and then restore my data “Didn’t Help”

2)      Brightness set to 20% and “Didn’t help”

3)      Screen timeout set at 30Sec “Didn’t help”

4)      Got a Blackberry Genuine flip shell “Didn’t Help”

5)      Specifically I did wait thinking that OS 10.1 may give me a solution after the update but that Didn’t help either, intern reduced the battery life, increased overheating and sluggish performance.

6)      New tweets in the twitter never gets pushed like it was getting pushed in my earlier BBIS enabled Bold 9900 or like my secondary iPhone 4S. I have written to BB Support on this and no solution turned up for this issue.

Specially today I faced a very strange but a very annoying and surprisingly dangerous issue at the Airport (Bangalore India) My Z10 just restarted by it self about 5 times and the battery got extremely hotter, so **bleep** hot that I couldn't hold it in my hand or keep it in my pocket, I literally had to take off the back cover and remove the battery and keep it away for cooling, Even while removing the battery the battery and the device was so **bleep** hot. Later after allowing it to cool down to normal temperature I tried to put phone together and tried switching on the device. The device did switch on but the battery had drained off to less then 10 percent and just eventually switched off.

Requesting you to kindly help me fix these rather annoying issues with my Z10. I would highly appreciate your support in resolving in any manner.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,870
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Support please Respond with a solution,

First, please understand that this is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration. We are users just like you.

I've had occasional similar overheating, but it goes away.

Let me ask... do you use any BlackBerry Messenger Group chats?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vigneshk
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Yes I do have 2 groups one with 6 members and other with 7 members we use it to communicate meeting appointment and mail subjects
But the over heating went too much at the airport other day it was so hot I literally had to open the back cover with the fork and remove the battery and put it away it took about 30 minutes to cool
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,870
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

With a fork? Anyway, I've seen similar heating when users are rejoining and re syncing to my BBM groups.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.