Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
GoWithGreen
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Blackberry World- Billing Through Carrier

I purchased a Z10 a few weeks back and love it.  

The only thing that I am having an issue with is when I go to purchase an app, song, album, movie, tv show, etc. I get the following message:

"Billing through your carrier is not available for this product type.  Please select another payment option".

My service provider is Bell and with my Bold 9900 this wasn't an issue.  The convenience of billing through my carrier is something I really liked.  Is this something that can/will be resolved?  Is there a setting on the phone that I need to switch?  Any advice would be great! 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Blackberry World- Billing Through Carrier

You do have the option to pay through your carrier.  Go to settings, scroll down to payment options and select bill through mobile bill.  This also can be activated through BB world and select payment options at check out.

IMG_00000070.png

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am unable to buy songs or movies but apps are fine.

your carrier might not support it at the moment with the resent changes in blackBerry World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GoWithGreen

Just tried both options that you suggested and I am still getting the same message.  Any other ideas? Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

I would contact your provider see if they blocked anything. I see you are also with bell mobility. I just did a purchase through my mobile provider and worked great.  Bellow is a screen capture of the purchase.

IMG_00000071.png

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GoWithGreen

Does it work for purchasing music, tv shows and movies as well?  That seems to be my big problem.  

Please use plain text.