Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
slimmer1972
My Device: BB - Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 -Cogeco email

I ran into the same trouble, only that I used gprs.fido.ca when I was outside of my wifi area.

I was on the phone with Fido for nearly two hours today and they didn't know what to do.  They eventually made a call to Blackberry.

Blackberry suggested I go to fido.blackberry.com (I don't know what everyone else's cell provider link would be) and I had to sign in and "register" my Blackberry with Fido (using the PIN).  I was then told to power down, take the battery out, put it back in and start up again and there would be a "red icon on the screen" that would allow me to add my email properly.

Yeah, didn't happen and now Fido's customer service went down at 2 p.m. and isn't expected up again until later tomorrow afternoon.

At this rate, I may either buy another SIM and start using my iPhone 4 again until there is a proper fix, or just return the Z10 altogether.  I haven't had proper email access on this thing for a week and no one can give any answers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
slimmer1972
My Device: BB - Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 - Cogeco email

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:  I just got off the phone with Blackberry directly (after nearly another 2 hrs) and after several attempts at changing SSL settings, adding/deleting username/password in SMTP sections, etc. I was told that it is the fault of Cogeco that the Z10 won't receive email outside my WiFi network and that I should talk to them.

I told them my previous phone accepted multiple SMTPs and that allowed me to send email from virtually anywhere.

Their answer: here is some literature, please contact Cogeco.   So the answer for Cogeco email users is: 

1) Outside your wifi connection: use your cell provider's SMTP, or change to / forward to a web-based email

2) Using your wifi connection: use the smtp.cogeco.ca OR don't use wifi while mailing

Blackberry's answer is here: KB29891

Please use plain text.
GlennBouman
My Device: Z10

I had the same problem for rogers set the SMTP Server Address to smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com

Works for me now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OFBammBamm
My Device: Z10

Using smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com worked for me.
I'll have to test it again when I'm wifi connected.

Many thanks!
Please use plain text.