If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
michaelPerthWA
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Blackberry Z10 Deleted all my emails

Guys,

Got a new Z10 a week ago, and for some unknown reason, it deleted all my emails from the past week. I went online to Gmail and it had deleted all my emails from the inbox - I had to find these in the 'all mail' function and put them back in the inbox. Any ideas on how to stop this happening?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry Z10 Deleted all my emails

Hey michaelPerthWA,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Do you have this email account setup in Outlook or another email program on the computer?  If you start to receive emails on the webmail and your BlackBerry Z10, when does it usually delete the emails?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
H2OLOO
My Device: Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

The same thing just happened to me. Battery died while I was using the Z10 last night. Charged overnight. Woke up this morning and tried to unlock BB Balance in the Hub. Hub froze....restarted. Hub running very slow, taking a long time to prepare. Emails showed up in the Hub, but could not open, read, delete, etc. Pulled battery and tried again, same problem. Deleted all accounts and readded, now emails not showing up. Checked email on PlayBook and all emails from all accounts were deleted. I had several gmail accounts and a work BES/EAS account. All missing emails were found in allmail/deleted folders. Gmail account is accessed only on Z10/PlayBook/browser, work account is accessed on Z10/PlayBook/Outlook. Been using Z10 for 2 months without any problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jtomlinson
My Carrier: Bell

Hi

I have had the same problem. I have e-mails deleted after receiving new e-mails. I have the account set up in Outlook. I usually will see one or two e-mails disappearing.

Pls help!!

JTomlinson 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

Where did tech support go? This happened to me too- deleted a month of emails from 4 different accounts and 3 months from another account all at the same time. can someone address this or does it have to make it to CNBC first?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
H2OLOO

This problem has not repeated for me. Are you updated to 10.1 yet?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jtomlinson
My Carrier: Bell

I still have the problem. What is 10.1?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

10.0.9.422 here as per Verizon
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
H2OLOO

@Jtomlinson 10.1.0.273 is the latest software release, but it has not been released by carriers in the US yet. It sounds like your issue is different than what misterblank experienced where all emails are wiped from the hub. There was a thread on this over at CrackBerry http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=799596

Please use plain text.
jc120
My Carrier: Singtel

This has also happened to me.

Set the Z10 up, all working fine, all imap and exchange accounts syncing perfectly.

Then one day I noticed that my imap email account had nothing showing in the inbox or other synced folders but new emails started to appear. Weird.

Logged on to the server (webmail) for my imap account and I noticed the emails were there but still not showing up on my Z10.  

Removed the account on the Z10, re-added, but still only new emails appearing.  

Then I started noticing emails being deleted from my serverside... immediately deleted the account from the handset and the deleting stopped.

This seems to be an imap issue as I've not (yet) seen it occur on my work exchange email on the handset, althought I am petrified I will lose emails there so I may remove the account from there as well.

Blackberry - this is not a random event and I've seen quite a few posts on this, please update us on what is going on!!!

Please use plain text.