Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberrry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Z10 Deleted all my emails

When I called Blackberry Tech Support I found out there is no problem!  i was told to just never delete any emails.  Leave them all on your phone.  If you delete any emails the Z10 will delete ALL emails.  You either save ALL your emails you ever send or get on the phone, or you save NONE of the emails.

Do you think this phone was designed to help you organize your work life?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

"Uhhhhhmmmm yea. it's a feature, not a bug...you didn't need those emails." hahahahah

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

I have been using email in my Z10 since day 1 with no issues.

The one thing you have to remember is when you delete an email in the Z10 it also deletes it from your mail server, so it will remove it from Excange accounts, or from your internet providers server. If you wish to see it in Outlook (or similar) make sure you have received it there before deleting it from your Z10. (In the past you had the option to remove from server, but not now)

Trusted Contributor

TerryW- there's a major issue w/ BB's on OS10 deleting emails. it's known but not acknowledged publically by BB.

This thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/OMG-My-Q10-has-just-deleted-...

is currently locked down due to some knuckleheadedry but it's one of the main resources for user input and if nothing else, shoulders to cry on.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberrry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

No, I know about that issue--when you delete an email from the phone it deletes from the server.  The Z10 does not have the "BIM" account structure every previous Blackberry had.  Just a simple downgrade to "industry standards".

The problem I am talking about is that if you start to select some emails to delete individually, after deleting a few ALL your emails are deleted.  And according to Blackberry Tech Support they know this happens and they have no idea how to fix it.  I am not kidding, the "work around" suggested was to NEVER delete an email from your phone. 

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Mmmm, I certainly don't have that problem with AT&T, running their currect 10.1 code base.

Fred

New Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Hi all

A user is reporting this issue today. I've checked the log and I found there has come a deletion command from the device at midnight. Well the user was using his BlackBerry shortly before midnight, but he told me he hasn't delete anything…

He’s got a Q10 with 10.2.0.1791 on it.

The BlackBerry 10 Server is on Version 10.1

If this is actually a bug from BlackBerry, and they wouldn’t solve it… Jesus! Smiley Surprised

This will be for sure a killer issue, means the sudden death for Blackberry in a very short time.

cheers

Daniel

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT & T

I've had my Blackberry Z10 for about 10 months and I've just figured out how to delete the emails in groups like I was able to on my Blackberry Torch 9810.

Well Here is how you do this.

Go to any of your emails like yahoo, click on and hold on an email that you want to delete, it should become highlighted in blue then click on the little symbol with a checkmark in the box on the bottom right. It will disappear. Then begin to click on the other email messages that you want to delete. Once you've clicked on all the messages you want to delete they'll all be highlighted in blue, then click on the little garbage symbol on the bottom right, another box will appear with the question to Delete?  and then a statement This will delete the selected items, click delete and all the items you highlighted will delete.

I hope this helps !

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: 9142739308

You are a genius. It truly works! Thanks.
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

New to this Site .. I am having the same problem with deleted Email .. do you know if this has been fixed yet .. can you suggest a number to call .. I am totally lost .. Thanks for any help you can give ..