Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
adamredsox24
My Device: blackberry Z10

Blackberry Z10- Facing Multiple Issues- Any help?

I have T-Mobile USA and have the most updated version of the Blackberry Z10 10.1.0.2006 and experiencing a lot of issues.

1. No or very big delay in text messages (it only works when it’s on MMS not on automatic) even though when it’s on MMS It gets severely delayed or I don’t get them at all. If it’s on automatic I don’t receive any
  2. Download speeds have decreased substantially.

Those are the two big issues that I continue to have. I toggled around with the network from 4G to 4G LTE and signal wise seeing some degradation although it’s past 3 bars which allows you to send and receive text messages and do high speed connectivity. 

I want to know if anyone has experienced this and what is the work around that I can do to solve this ever so difficult issue? I used to text a lot to not being able to text at all.

Thank you

Adam. 

PS, i wasnt facing these issues 3 weeks prior to now. 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry Z10- Facing Multiple Issues- Any help?

Hi adamredsox24,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

SMS text messaging, MMS and download speeds are features that are service provider dependent and depend on network traffic and congestion. I would recommend contacting your mobile provider to investigate these issues further. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

[ Edited ]

Hey, I'm also with t-mo (Los Angeles area), with same OS and having none of these issues. Did you always have these problems or did they start after you updated to 10.1?

I have a read a couple of posts with people having to do a wipe to sort this.  But check you carrier first, as was suggested above. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adamredsox24
My Device: blackberry Z10

Basically when i started to upload to 10.1 but also when T-mobile started to update to LTE and the signal has been fluctuating back and forth. T-mobile said that its not a network issue (even though that i see it) 

I would send myself text messages under the automatic format (received none), sms only format (wouldnt receive any), but the MMS only format ( wiould sometimes receive them)

I did a test and send out 9 and only received 3 of them.. (all under MMS) 

T-mobile suggests i switched outt he sim which already done two times so thats in order still didnt help.

also they suggest to do a master reset which i have done before and it didnt help- they ask to do it once more so i am going to comply... i have nothing else to do.. other than that, they said we have to replace the device.

It is quite interesting to note that i have had no issues at all what so ever until a few weeks ago. I get messages (email) and everything else, but not my own text messages and friends. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

From another thread:

"I had this ptoblem right after updating to the news software version!  What I did, and it worked for me, was to backup the phone, reload the device software and then restore the backup, but only the software applications, not my personal settings or messages. Then I just configured my accounts and now it works perfectly!  Hope it helps you"

Not quite the same as you issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/huge-texting-issue-i-am-stumped-send-text-one-conta...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Simmo-
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181

Making a clean start (as described above) sounds like a good idea. Duplicate entries in a phone's address book (I've noticed on other devices at least) can make life quite difficult sometimes. Also, when the local carriers decide to upgrade, things can go VERY belly-up in my end of the woods also.
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Simmo-
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181

I should add (just for interest's sake) that an MMS data download is triggered by a (silent) sms.
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
Please use plain text.