Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

Blackberry Z10 Flashing Red Light

[ Edited ]

Hi, can anyone advise it this is repairable.

After charging overnight my Z10 no longer powers up in only shows a red flashing light, 1 flash, 3 flashes, 1 flash constantly. I can connect it to pc and it recognises the phone but its unable to connect and as a result im unable to update/reinstall the OS.

Ive tried the autoloader it connects to bootrom or whatever it is but goes no further?

Thanks in advance for any help

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: Blackberry Z10 Flashing Red Light

Have you tried reloading the OS using internet explorer?

http://crackberry.com/how-reload-os-blackberry-z10-or-blackberry-q10

Also, have you tried connecting to your pc w/o the battery? Best way is power it off. Remove battery, then plug into pc. Sometimes it works.
Contributor
My Device: Z10

My phone died a somewhat quick death. I first had a different blinking pattern and sent it in and got it back. Just a few days later I got the same blinking pattern as you have. Tried all the repair things I could find to no avail. Sent it in and they sent me a replacement phone.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

[ Edited ]

Hi, yes ive tried to reload the OS using internet explorer with and without battery but it get the same flashing patters so ive not been able to do it.

really need to get it working again

Its out of warrenty so im unable to get it replaced.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Out of warranty! The phone is less than a year old!

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Well, sounds like you will have to send in for repair unless someone else can come up with another idea. 

My Device: Z10 (100-2)
My Carrier: Vodacom

I actually had the same problem. It is repairable but a complete waste of time. I got mine repaired, but not even a month or so later, it started to just switch off, which made me have to keep it on charge a lot and even have to remove the battery. Then I noticed that it would just not switch back on, and now it's giving me the same blinking pattern and refusing to come on.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.
My Carrier: Rogers

ZahraAhmed042 wrote:
I actually had the same problem. It is repairable but a complete waste of time. I got mine repaired, but not even a month or so later, it started to just switch off, which made me have to keep it on charge a lot and even have to remove the battery. Then I noticed that it would just not switch back on, and now it's giving me the same blinking pattern and refusing to come on.

Hello, 

After the repair, have you been told what was the problem?

Have you tried a different battery that you know for sure it`s good and it works?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: -

I had the problem solved by removing the Facebook application.
My Device: Z10 (100-2)
My Carrier: Vodacom

They just said that it was a hardware fault, I got a new battery and I got a new z10, and it's working fine.