Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
SaintJack
My Device: Z10

Blackberry Z10 - GETS REALLY HOT

Hi, I noticed my Z10 gets really hot, especially while playing games and charging the device.  It's so hot, it feels so uncomfortable in my hand and at some point, i don't want to touch its back. Anynone having the same problem? Is it a faulty unit? I don't want it to explode, i really like my phone...

New Contributor
ashes19
My Device: z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 - GETS REALLY HOT

Mine is the same way. I like playing angry birds but can't play it too long or my hands start sweating. I also find my charger gets hot. Have you figured out anything yet
New Contributor
SaintJack

Nothing yet but I really want to know it I have to return the phone? replace it? Is there a warranty? 

New Contributor
SaintJack

if*
met
New Contributor
met

i have the same problem here, even when i am not using the phone and its on standby i feel its hot, i have downloaded the battery lover app, it gives the temperature of the battery and battery percentage, it shows the temp of the battery 37c ....isn't too hot for the battery on a standby mode ?? i hope that RIM fixes this with an update or something

Best Regards
M.E.T
Contributor
spykecichlid
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I replaced my phone because I experienced hot battery and battery draining within 5 hours. It has period of it being hot but it's more acceptable because I noticed when you have a lot of update or installation like the OS update otherwise battery is now doing much better.
alockhart
My Device: z10`

i found that my 1st one did.. then long story it died & had to be sent back to blackberry.. this new one it was hot but I just did an OS update & now it seems to be cooling down.. so I agree, just gets hot when your doing a big update.

Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Have done the update and still gets uncomfortably hot during a 1 hr phone call ... however my iPhone also did get warm during long calls so while it's concerning .. its not out of the norm.

My question is given all these issues, including the running hot, is BlackBerry going to offer extended warranty coverage if the phone only last 18 months due to some of these issues?

New Contributor
ashes19
My Device: z10

I went down to the Telus store last night. He fiddled with my settings and I did the new update and now it's great it is still a little warm but that's the nature of the phone. But it's much more tolerable I suggest you all do the same.
Contributor
gsioufi
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Im on my second day. It was getting hot doing nothing! This morning it was at 80 percent and now in a matter of 2 hours, it's down to 40 percent! I checked for the latest update and I already have it. I'm worried that this is a sign of short circuiting. What do I do? I can't send it in if necessary because no phone I have uses microsim.  :No: 

It's still hot, sitting on the table, wifi and bluetooth off.

So I'm turning it off... waiting 2 minutes for it to cool off. (my PB gets hot too but just where the processor is, battery has been perfect for nearly 2 years now)

So I removed the battery, put it back and it's booting, not touching it.  Battery is at 35. 600mb of ram being used. Holding it now, it's a bit warmer than my hand.