Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
njunde
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 - GETS REALLY HOT

You may want to try wiping the device. I was having the heat problem, after wipe it seems to solve the heaging problem. However, my battery life still bad imo with my usage. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsioufi
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

I turned it off and removed the battery and reinserted it. It seems great for now. I'll update again soon.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spykecichlid
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Do the updates and if it continues swap it for a new one while you can. The updates should fix it to leave you at tolerable and reasonable heating level. I honestly stopped pulling battery off ever since all the updates.

It's honestly a pain to keep on pulling batteries or trying to put my jot phone on a cold glass top just to cool it down.. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kobu14

I don't play game on my bb, just email and Web surfing, yet my z10 still gets hot. My device def. Gets hot during updates, which is understandable, but during normal use? This concerns me greatly.

Has this been addressed by anyone from BlackBerry?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsioufi
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

It's been a week. This just happened once and now battery life is excellent after removing the battery and re inserting it! Do a safe turn off of course first. Sorry if that doesn't work with you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SaintJack

I return my first device because it was overheating and the battery wouldn't last more than 5h. This is my second device, it's running the latest os and I'm still thinking of exchanging it once again. I've turned off LTE, brightness around 50%, NFC off, bluetooth off, location off, everything off to save my battery. It loses like 1% every time I use an app and starts overheating when I'm using the browser combine with another app. Playing games is impossible because the temperature goes up to 30- 40C degrees. Today, I've unplugged the phone at 10am and with moderate use, it was at 20% at 7pm. Something is wrong... I love this phone but I don't want to return it one again for a new one...M
Please use plain text.
Developer
fantas
My Device: Limited Developer Edition

Guys update your phones, there is serious battery improvements with the update
If i've helped you use the like button (KUDOS)!
Follow me at twitter: @hektorc
Read my blog: http://hektor.in
Check my GitHub: github.com/hektorcyc
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SaintJack

Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first langage...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kobu14

I have updated my phone and the heating issue still persists. Also, battery life is around 6 hrs and is short. I start at 8am and needs to recharge my phone at around 2PM.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
njunde

My advice would be, if you just got your phone. Let it heat. This will go on maybe for 1 week plus. After that it will be fine. For me, my first week, i have similar experience. Now coming to 2 week, its stable now and dont heat up so frequently except when using long period of data. Battery life at the same time has also improve.
Please use plain text.