Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
kongee
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Digi

Re: Blackberry Z10 - GETS REALLY HOT

the hot still persist. you cant get rid of the heat except using a case to avoid the heat contact. nothing you can do about it other than that
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nanc
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

My Z10 gets really hot when the batter is running low.  Very uncomfortable to hold.  Check updates but OS is at current version.  Hope there is a fix.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
component
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

This is really hacking me off now, the shine on my new Z10 phone has long since gone. As previously mentioned in multiple posts the phone runs HOT and the battery lasts 3-4 hours on standby (sometimes 5 if I'm lucky)! Even when everything is off (wifi, bluetooth, etc.) To have to do a battery pull or handset wipe as suggested solutions makes my blood boil that a brand spanking new phone should suffer these types of 'beta' testing bugs on it's users. Especially as I'm a business user and my phone is a critical tool. Bottom line is that this phone is currently NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.  Imagine if this was an Apple? How would you do a battery pull?

For the phone to be of any use for a whole day whilst out and about I was left with no choice but to purchase the Battery Bundle, basically a spare batter for it to last the day where I am unable to plug it in to charge.  Clearly this is so wrong. 

And this is all after the supposed 'new OS update' 10.0.10.90 to resolve the battery problem. BLACKBERRY PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS HAS NOT RESOLVED THE PROBLEM. 

I use two email accounts - ActiveSync to our Exchange Server and IMAP for my personal email. You constantly think that it must be me, that there is an unknown setting I've missed overloading the phone and burning up my battery.

As far as I'm concerned this is an OS/hardware problem and the sooner BB do something about this the better, for their sake and ours! 

Other issues I have experienced are: 

Wifi - If I go out of range of my home wifi and it drops out, the phone doesn't reconnect when you get back in range, it searches for wifi and the circle goes round and round finding nothing even though the wifi is active and can be seen on other devices. Therefore the only solution I have found is to reboot the phone, then hey presto it connects. 

Video - my wife and I videoed our daughter marching at her school, me on my Z10 and her on her Iphone. My video kept re-focusing on the moving subjects and blurring the image each time making playback very annoying, yet on the Iphone crystal clear no re-focusing. 

Bluetooth - doesn't upload the missed call and received call lists, only the dialled to my Merc's built in display. Also the phone doesn't say 'busy' nor do you hear the busy tone if the phone you are calling is engaged. It just is silent making you believed the phone didn't dial at all.

None of the above issues were on my Torch 9800 and in fact that phone performed brilliantly in comparison.

Sorry BB a very disappointed customer. I thought this was your come back and loyal BB customers who were stead fast would feel vindicated in their loyalty and show off  their new Blackberry down the pub to their mates, sadly no, I end up telling my buddies, it's a poor mans Iphone....  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nanc

The update did not fix my problem.  My Z10 was working fine and all of a sudden has started getting very hot and having a battery life of around 5 hrs.  Think I will have to return it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
njunde
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: M1

It seems like is the handset problem. I suggest taking it back to the service center. Previously I was having heating problem too. Then after I received my LE Z10, I never encounter such problem at all. I yet to send my Z10 for repair. But it seems like there are some faulty set out there
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rblaa
My Carrier: Bell

I am having this problem too. At first I thought it was just intense games like World of Goo, and long Youtube sessions.

But it also happened with a long speaker-phone call, which is more concerning.

I got the 10.1 upgrade that is supposed to improve battery life and 3rd party app efficiency. 

Now, after installing Skype things seemed to get abruptly worse, it seemed to correlate to Skype, I noticed Skype auto-runs on startup. Disabling that seemed to help, but this morning after doing nothing more than answring a call, checkingh some email, settings and help the temperature spiked and the battery is draining notiveably fast, 1% every few 5-10 minutes of doing nothing.

I have uninstalled Skype, hopefully that will help. After a shutdown, cooldown and reboot it seems to be running better.

It is still worrisome, if it is an OS scheduling bug it needs to be fixed, there should be a temperature monitor, there should be a rogue process monitor. I thought QNX/BB10 is supposed to be robust, these kind of issues are not inspiring confidence.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rblaa
My Carrier: Bell

Update: things basically ok since I uninstalled Skype (I will try reinstalling in a few days).

HOWEVER. Yesterday at a restaurant I got a call, my phone was burning hot. Very disturbing. I shut it down to cool it, rebooted it, it got hot right away again. I turned it off again, restarted it only after I left the restaurant, and it has been fine since.

I had been doing nothing all day with it except browsing email, the calendar and doing a few quick calls.No video, music, games, or anything else.

It seemed like something in the restaurant was causing it, perhaps something wierd about the WiFi that was getting the Z10 all excited? Again I am using the latest 10.1.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
component
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I figure this has to do with wifi and the reason is probably to do with wireless n networks and that it seems to be to do with reconnecting
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nanc

I hope there is something that can be done.  I do not have Skype installed.  Since the OS upgrade my battery lasts a half a day and gets so hot I don't even like to wear it in a case.  Not at all what I expected from Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
njunde
My Carrier: M1

Yes. Agree. After the update, my phone last shorter. And Skype is not usable on my phone, it hangs. But I heard the next update solve the problems. Hope they can release the update soon
Please use plain text.