Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry Z10 - GETS REALLY HOT

Well Yes I had this same problem when I first got my blackberry!

battery dying on me & overheating!

1. remove all software I was not using!
2. Make sure the software I had kept was not "refreshing in background"
3. Upgrade my OS that did wonders for me!

Mind you after the upgrade my battery life 10x better , I see real change, start my day around 6am I don't get back home till bout 9pm just with 20 % left

Two hours -Playing music
Two hour -browsing & instagram twitter
two hours - talking on the phone

Your phone will warm up using alot of apps or certain apps but it cools down after its normal, Have you ever play your Playstation 3 or use home pc? Well there is big fan in there to help them cool down while using for crazy amount of hours lol

good luck!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nanc
My Device: z10

:Clap:  I removed almost all the apps, did the OS system upgrade that is now available and my battery like has improved and my phone only got slightly warm  this morning and has not got hot all day.  Will continue to monitor and add back apps one at a time to see if any have a problem.  Whew!  Really appreciate you help with this. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmoule

I've got the same  overheating and short battery life, along with other issues (bugs). I hope that I'm not going to get a hugh suprise when my bill comes in at month end for data usage. I can see RIM circling the drain...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GStoll
My Device: Z10

same problem with my Z10, gets hot up to 41°C and battery drains in 4H. was already replaced 2 times....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmoule

This problem was resolved for us. If you check your data usage, you should see that there is a huge amount of data coming down to the device -- you need to get a data usage counter application from BB World to verfy this. It's the radio operation to download all this data that's making your device so hot. This turned out to be an incompatibility between BES and the device firmware. The latest release of the software 10.1.0.4181 fixed the problem. You can get the latest software for your device from Settings - Software Update - Check for Updates. Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GStoll

i have allready the latest os installed; will try the date monitor and keep you informed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rblaa

I also had this problem, what I did that seemed to help is:

- get the latest OS

- don't run Skype automatically

- set all my email accounts to disable push except for my main one (I have 3 email accounts)

This last one seemed to do the trick especially.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jain_akki

I have the same problem with phone and charger both get hot
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tundraeyes

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone! I was pleasantly surprised to see all these comments regarding the Z10 overheating as I have had this problem since day 3 of owning the phone. It's now a little over 6 months old, and yes; it still overheats.
I have read so many forums regarding this issue looking for a solution, but to date - have found no solution. Like someone mentioned within this thread, it is Blackberry's issue and they need to fix it. Simple as that.
I leave wi-fi on, I leave NFC on, I leave bluetooth on - why? Simple. These are features I paid for and use. Let me repeat; these are features I "paid" for and "use". No I don't use them 24/7; however, I should not be forced to turn them off simply because I'm not using them at the moment. I don't have any games installed. The one I had, I removed. Why? Because it caused the phone to overheat. Why? I have no clue.
After an overnight charge, I brought the phone with me to check email on my PC. After 5 minutes (5 MINUTES), I wanted to check something on the phone & had to drop it because it was that HOT! A reboot stopped the problem. Battery had drained down to 30% so it is now recharging. This is ridiculous Blackberry.
Since this heating issue and battery drain issue is on every BB forum, I think it's time for BB to seriously address it. Please don't tell me to wait for 10.2 update. Fix it NOW.

I too am concerned about the unknown damage to the internals this heating problem has caused. I know that if there is any, I'm the one to loose out as the phone has only a few months left of warranty. This isn't fair either.

Running on AT&T in the USA. STL 100-3 / 10.1.0.2019  OS 10.1.0.2074(it doesn't get anymore recent than this).

Looking forward to a real fix from Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GStoll

This is my third Z10 in 6 months; Orange France changed it each time i complained the overheating and the short battery live. With me, Bluetooth and NFC are switched off. The last one i received yesterday, and after reinstallation of my apps...(which i bought via the bb store) ..it gets hot and after 5 hours th battery is empty. This is my last BB, i will switch to another brand.

Please use plain text.