Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 - GETS REALLY HOT

[ Edited ]

I had a Torch but recently got the Z10, (Nice to be on this side of the forum by the way :smileyhappy: ). It was draining battery and getting hot, so I came here and read the comments.

What worked for me? I did a wipe. It went back to factory setting. I pulled the battery, re-inserted and I copied only my contacts and non-app data from my desktop backup. Copying old settings and app data can result in conflicts that may take a toll on processing power since the newer OS is having to work with old settings, apps and data. This may mean extended battery use as well. Just my thought. I am no expert.

Anyway, I also removed those apps that I consider stupid and will not use. But the things that I do need like my bluetooth and Wi-Fi, I left ON. It has been 6 hours since then and my battery is at 84%, and my phone is as cool as cucumber. I have used it to check emails, check settings and chatted on BBM.

I hope this works for everyone else. I thought of returning mine until I did as stated. Now, I am not only keeping it, but I have "sold" it to two of my brothers who made their purchases as well.

EDIT/UPDATE:

It has now been over 12 hours and I am still at 64%. In the past, I would have recharged like twice by now.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 - GETS REALLY HOT

[ Edited ]

Even though I witnessed a great improvement, I still was not fully satisfied. My Torch gets charged once every other day and I wondered why I could not replicate it with the Torch, or at least have better result than I have now. So I did more research and here is what I did.

I am on T Mobile with everything included so I really don't need wi-fi, especially as it keeps giving me this annoying reminder to setup wi-fi. So I went into the Wi-fi Calling apps and disabled the wi-fi.

I copied out the data out of my memory card, then formatted it in the phone. Pulled the battery and copied back the data into the card. Since it was night, i left it to charge overnight as I always do with my phones.

I removed it from the wall at 7am this morning. It is almost 12 hours later and I am at 73%. I used it to listen to music at work' my bluetooth ON; emails; texts; BBM. I even watched a clip on Youtube for effect. Can't ask for more.  I am happy I did not send it back for a replacement.